Early Decision Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hayesdav13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on this forum, I look forward to joining this community! I am a 25 year-old pre-pharmacy student who is currently pursuing my Masters (currently hold about a 3.9) in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology at the University of Michigan. For my undergraduate degree, I attended a small-ish liberal arts school and graduated with a 3.12 gpa (first two years, horrible; last two years, 3.7+). After undergrad, I worked on my own research project in a pediatric oncology translational research lab for about two years, where I passively observed clinical pharmacists selecting the drug regiments for patients. I recently took the PCAT, and my preliminary score was an 86. Also, I should have strong letters of recommendation.
I am contemplating about applying for early decision for the University of Michigan, but a little worried about gaining acceptance. Since we can only apply to one school for early decision, I am trying to weigh my options of if I should actually apply for early decision or just apply to all of the schools on my list, since they have rolling admissions. Would any of the pharmacy school gurus reading this be kind enough to post their opinion on what I should do?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm currently applying this cycle so my information may not be super correct but I noticed that in one of the schools I wanted to go to in ED they began giving out acceptances in October which included early and regular decisions at the same time. Like you mention, it's rolling admissions. But if you apply early decision, you will get interviews first over those who applied at the same time as you but regular decision. So let's say you decided to just do regular decision but apply super early and around the same time all the other ED people are applying. ED interviews start maybe mid-september and end early october, then you will be first in line for regular decision interviews right in the beginning of October and may get an acceptance around the same time they start giving them out ED. The only reason I noticed this is because I looked at old forums of specific pharmacy schools on here and people who were listing they got accepted ED also had people listing they got accepted for regular. I hope that helps!

Fantastic, thank you very much for the lengthy reply! This does make sense, I am just a little trepidatious to apply for early decision, since we can only choose one school to apply for until we get accepted or denied. Best of luck to you, thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile