Early Early Decision Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notzfall

NREMT-P, MS-IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How early can one submit an Early Decision Program application? AMCAS applications will not be available until on, or around, May 1st. My scores from the April MCAT probably won't be available until around mid-June. I'm looking to submit as early as possible in order to get an earlier interview. Does the timing of the application have anything to do with interview dates? Can one submit an application with tentative MCAT scores? (assuming that the single-choice of school will not change based on the score).

Any input from students who applied for Early Decision and were accepted IN OR AFTER the Early Decision period would be great! :) Looking for key steps in the process.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can submit your application in June. MCAT scores show up automatically on AMCAS as soon as they are available.
I was accepted early decision at Mercer last year, and I'm pretty sure they waited until the Aug 1st deadline before they even sent out secondaries. Then they started interviews during the first week in september.
It probably varies with each school, but I don't think it gives you much priority to get your stuff in very early because you have to wait on them to send the secondary and then wait for that to be complete (ie LORs etc).
where are you applying?

If I'm over 30, Emory. Under, I'll apply to MCG.

Just so you know, Emory doesn't have an early decision program. If you apply early decision to MCG, you won't be able to apply to Emory. I've interviewed at both schools if you have any questions.