Early indicators that you passed the NAPLEX. (or didn't)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In another thread someone posted:

"If your Naplex status online is "closed" after taking the exam and there's option for add score transfer then most likely you passed. That usually happens within a week of taking the exam"

I think this deserves its own thread. Has this been accurate in your experience? Are there any other early indicators that you know of?

EDIT: I had the score transfer option a few days after taking the test and I later found that I passed. For those who keep asking, I used the 2017 version of RxPrep along with the APhA book.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can't speak on the NAPLEX except that I passed and it said "Add Score Transfer" but for the MPJE, my state does not allow online score checking, it said "NULL" and I still passed...
MPJE are state specifics lol you can't transfer those period

Yeah MPJE is state specific so would make sense for them to be NULL - no point to transfer them really.

Members don't see this ad :)
If my statues said closed and giving me an option to buy "score review", that means I have failed?? :'(
anyone can confirm this?

Hi I took my exam on May 7, still haven't received my score report any idea how long it will take before I get it? Thank you!

If my statues said closed and giving me an option to buy "score review", that means I have failed?? :'(
anyone can confirm this?
Unfortunately yes. If you passed it,s supposed to say "Add score transfer " since you can only transfer passed exam scores to other states.

I took my exam on 5/15 in CA and as of today have not received my results in the mail. Apparently they changed the looks of the online site. Mine says "closed" for Examination Status and there is a button for "Purchase score transfer" and a button for "Purchase score review." Does anyone know what this means? I hope it means good news but since they changed the site I am unsure.

As an update, I found the info I wanted. Checked another discussion, "NAPLEX Score early indicator post NABP Website update April 2018", and I found you just have to check the CPA Monitoring tab to find out if you passed or not. I passed! It wasn't there a few days ago so I assume it took a week to post.

As an update, I found the info I wanted. Checked another discussion, "NAPLEX Score early indicator post NABP Website update April 2018", and I found you just have to check the CPA Monitoring tab to find out if you passed or not. I passed! It wasn't there a few days ago so I assume it took a week to post.
Congratulations. For those that have taken the exam, how long from the time you take the exam dose it take for the *add score transfer or purchase exam review* to show on your CPE monitoring page?

Congratulations. For those that have taken the exam, how long from the time you take the exam dose it take for the *add score transfer or purchase exam review* to show on your CPE monitoring page?

For me it took about a week. Also, there's no "add score transfer" button anymore. They changed the online site. The new site has a "purchase score transfer" button. But a more accurate indicator would be to check the CPE monitoring tab to find out if you passed or not. If you pass it will say "Our records indicate that you have recently passed the NAPLEX..." if you input you are a pharmacy intern. I didn't see this message until about a week after I took the exam.

Last edited:
I can concur that the CPE monitor tab is a way to find out if you've passed, I have Review score, transfer score and the CPE monitor said that i passed. I called NABP to ask if i passed because i didn't receive the letter. the lady said i had to wait for the paper and that all the signs does not mean you passed. I was confused i was thinking.....YOU CAN'T TRANSFER A NON-PASSING SCORE!!! she don't know anything and surely enough i got the green letter.