1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Early Score Release

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by afilerman, Aug 21, 2002.

1. afilerman

afilerman Junior Member

Can someone tell me how I do this? Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blkdawn

blkdawn Member

Two or three weeks before the actual scores come in the mail, you will receive a pin number from AAMC. About a week later, you will be able to log online with your pin number and a credit card ($15) and get your score. That simple.

4. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel

Pre-Medical
    Okay, that's it! I can't wait anymore and I want my scores now!!!

5. tBw

tBw totally deluded

$15 for two weeks early? If you go for this is it *just* you that gets the scores early or does it mean the schools get them earlier too? If so it would be worth it, though I suspect the schools get them earlier than us, and all at the same time, regardless of whether we choose early score release or not.

6. tBw

tBw totally deluded

at $15 for two weeks early thats like $1/day....makes me wish you could pay an extra $60 and get them the day of the test...I would be first in line with my cash for that....

7. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    well, that two weeks (i got closer to three weeks) earlier might help YOU decide faster whether is worth applying to certain schools (or med school at all) with your MCAT score. it probably wasn't that big a deal with the april test in retrospect, but for you august takers, i'd be all over that early release, even if schools see them when they're mailed. just my opinion

8. Mike59

Mike59 Sweatshop FP in Ontario

I'm sure the verbal, bio and PS are already graded. It's those damn writing samples that are tying up everything. I would pay
    $60 right now just for the three multiple choice section scores, and let them take as long as they need to grade the writing.

9. nero

nero Senior Member

definitely, then you can make a final decision for your schools, whether to add more and you knwo whether or not to fill out secondaries instead of sending them adn finding out you just wasted a few hundred dollars.....................get them when tehy come out, if it saves you from wasting your time and money for even one school its worth it.............time is very valuable for us august mcaters.......since we are already behind in the game.......people are getting invites already...............

nero

10. tBw

tBw totally deluded

well, good point DW. I can see how getting it early might help some people if they have not already submitted but I went ahead and submitted anyway back in June. I won't be adding any schools either so win or lose, my MCATs will either get me in or not - I'm already committed to this years app cycle.