1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

early submission, late interview invites?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by conebone69, Aug 7, 2011.

1. conebone69

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Anyone submit really early (June/July) and get interview invites pretty late in the cycle? (Nov/Dec) I submitted my AMCAS on the first day it opened and I've been chugging out secondaries, but I haven't gotten an invite yet. :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chrissyxf

7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    First, check out this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=835156 if a school you've applied to isn't on the list, then guess what? they haven't sent anyone invites yet.
    Second, it's not even mid-August yet. Most people can't expect interviews for another month or two.
    this whole process is a huge waiting game- first, wait for a secondary, then wait for an interview, then wait for a decision. 3 of the schools i've applied to and were complete fairly early (early to mid-july) are on that list...only 1 has actually given me an invite. I'm not worried because it's just too early to be worried. Keep filling out quality secondaries and good luck!

4. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This happens regularly. I was complete in early August and didn't receive my last interview invite until January last year.

5. Phlox

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was complete mid-August last year and while the majority of my interviews were early, I had a couple that were later and one as late as March. I wouldn't consider Nov/Dec to be terribly late; most schools still have several months of interviews beyond that.

6. bobow98

bobow98 Beast Mode
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I had a classmate who submitted in July/August and didn't receive an interview until late October, followed by a slew of 14 more invites between Nov and April.
    Don't feel too bad if you don't get invites for a while.

7. ejw5075

ejw5075 Smile.
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I submitted June 1st and didn't get my first interview until August 31st, next came in September, one in both December and January but three were really late (March-ish) when I had been complete at those schools for months. Better late than never :)

SDN makes you very neurotic about timing, remember this population isn't necessarily representative of the applicant pool (in my class of 19, I am the only person who applied before August).

Good Luck!!

8. tehstandard

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    As if I wasn't neurotic already... :eek:

9. conebone69

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    thanks everyone. that definitely clears things up.