early submission, late interview invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

conebone69

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone submit really early (June/July) and get interview invites pretty late in the cycle? (Nov/Dec) I submitted my AMCAS on the first day it opened and I've been chugging out secondaries, but I haven't gotten an invite yet. :(

Members don't see this ad.

First, check out this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=835156 if a school you've applied to isn't on the list, then guess what? they haven't sent anyone invites yet.
Second, it's not even mid-August yet. Most people can't expect interviews for another month or two.
this whole process is a huge waiting game- first, wait for a secondary, then wait for an interview, then wait for a decision. 3 of the schools i've applied to and were complete fairly early (early to mid-july) are on that list...only 1 has actually given me an invite. I'm not worried because it's just too early to be worried. Keep filling out quality secondaries and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete mid-August last year and while the majority of my interviews were early, I had a couple that were later and one as late as March. I wouldn't consider Nov/Dec to be terribly late; most schools still have several months of interviews beyond that.

I had a classmate who submitted in July/August and didn't receive an interview until late October, followed by a slew of 14 more invites between Nov and April.
Don't feel too bad if you don't get invites for a while.

I submitted June 1st and didn't get my first interview until August 31st, next came in September, one in both December and January but three were really late (March-ish) when I had been complete at those schools for months. Better late than never :)

SDN makes you very neurotic about timing, remember this population isn't necessarily representative of the applicant pool (in my class of 19, I am the only person who applied before August).

Good Luck!!

thanks everyone. that definitely clears things up.