Earning Money in Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ms.Molar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I was wondering if earning like $10-$12,000 dollars a year working my online job while I am in dental school will impact the amount of financial aid I can receive. Any of you guys have experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

Income is factored in to financial aid so yes it will affect it somehow. How much, no one on here will know because many other factors go into FAFSA so an extra $12k may not affect you at all or it can bump you into a different bracket and could be a lot less.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind if ask what kind of online job this is? I would love to be able to make that much during dental school to lower debt burden

Members don't see this ad :)
You’ll still be able to get federal loans via FAFSA to cover the full cost of attendance regardless of your expected financial contribution. So 40,500 in unsubsidized and then the remainder in grad PLUS. The income may only be an “issue” for need based scholarships your school offers (if any).

Reactions: 1 users
Do you mind if ask what kind of online job this is? I would love to be able to make that much during dental school to lower debt burden

VIPKID! Check it out :)

I know that for my undergrad when I asked them this question they said that an income of like 12,000 a year isn’t enough for them to take away any financial aid or at least not enough you would really notice a huge difference. So the same might be true for professional programs like dental and general master degrees

I make $1200-$1500/month while in dental school. If you can handle a side hustle...by all means go for it

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users