easier DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owleyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some of the easier DO schools to gain admission to?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you manage to be born in Texas?

Over the line, Depakote. I'm a Texan, and I know several others who frequently post on Pre-Osteo are. Most of us are perfectly competent, have all of our teeth, and know how to operate them fancy eeelectronics. :)

I can't see this thread being anything but ugly very fast. People have very strong feelings about the schools that they have chosen to attend or are applying to and calling their admissions "easy" is really offensive to some people. It would probably be better to contact the schools or look at their websites to see what various schools' average matriculant gpa and MCAT scores have been in the past.

I can't see this thread being anything but ugly very fast. People have very strong feelings about the schools that they have chosen to attend or are applying to and calling their admissions "easy" is really offensive to some people. It would probably be better to contact the schools or look at their websites to see what various schools' average matriculant gpa and MCAT scores have been in the past.

seconded

Over the line, Depakote. I'm a Texan, and I know several others who frequently post on Pre-Osteo are. Most of us are perfectly competent, have all of our teeth, and know how to operate them fancy eeelectronics. :)

o_O

dude, I was not insulting Texas schools in any way. I'm just saying that Texas med school admissions are awesome if you happen to be a TX resident.

o_O

dude, I was not insulting Texas schools in any way. I'm just saying that Texas med school admissions are awesome if you happen to be a TX resident.

My bad, my bad.....TOTALLY misinterpreted that. My apologies, Depakote; it's a little too early in the morning, and my sense of logic is nowhere to be found.

You're right about the advantages of being a TX resident; unfortunately, I'm on the low end, and have only had one interview (TCOM).

My bad, my bad.....TOTALLY misinterpreted that. My apologies, Depakote; it's a little too early in the morning, and my sense of logic is nowhere to be found.

You're right about the advantages of being a TX resident; unfortunately, I'm on the low end, and have only had one interview (TCOM).

Don't sweat it. It's still early. :luck:

Regardless of how "easy" it is to get in, medical school is HARD...so don't be fooled

Regardless of how "easy" it is to get in, medical school is HARD...so don't be fooled

True that. From someone "taking" it right now...medical school is very difficult. Good luck with that. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry Depakote, but TCOM is one of the toughest DO schools to get into!!

Average Mcat around 28 and GPA is around 3.75 or so!!

tcom200901

those numbers..are for TX residents too....whoever implied tx resident = auto admission is a jackass

Allright kids, simmer down. Everybody's working for the weekend. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Etc, etc...

What are some of the easier DO schools to gain admission to?

They're all easy.
In fact, sometimes people just come in off the street to use the bathroom and they end up getting accepted to the school.
Just open a map, point at one, and go to that one.

They're all easy.
In fact, sometimes people just come in off the street to use the bathroom and they end up getting accepted to the school.
Just open a map, point at one, and go to that one.

:laugh:

Try pscom,wsvom,lecom,vcom,unecom, azcom. good luck

Thank you ezal! A real answer is very much appreciated :)

Here's the real answer, IMO (at least it was a few years ago, when I was applying):

LECOM (both FL and PA), WVSOM, PSCOM, TUNCOM

Usually new schools are easier to get into because they are unknown quantities and haven't graduated a class yet (LECOM - FL, TUNCOM) or because they are in a crap area LECOM - PA (Erie is, well, Erie), West Virginia, etc etc.

I don't agree with AZCOM, though. I know that school has a good board pass rate and has generally placed people in good residencies.

It ain't easy to get into TX med schools, even if you are a resident! And TCOM is one of top 20 primary care schools in the US, so it isn't any picnic getting any there, at all. Any school that has been around a long time (PCOM), that is attached to an academic center (OK State), or is in a desirable geographic location (CA) is going to be more difficult to get into.