Eastern Washington University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also have an interview at EWU on March 2! Has anyone been accepted to other programs so far?

Members don't see this ad.

I received my interview invite yesterday as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive your invite yesterday too?

Yes, I found out via email yesterday afternoon. This is my last and final interview. I interviewed at Midwestern University as well as Pacific University. How about yourself?

And now the waiting begins :) hope everyone had a good day yesterday! What did you guys think of the program? I had a great time and really enjoyed it. Crossing my fingers for a good answer!

I just discovered this forum, it would have been nice to see this before I applied to all my schools. I got an acceptance letter from EWU on Thursday of this last week, I also got an acceptance from UW. Anyone else in my shoes? I loved EWU during the interview day and got a much better feeling from the program than I did from UW. Hope to see you some of you either at EWU or UW!

I just discovered this forum, it would have been nice to see this before I applied to all my schools. I got an acceptance letter from EWU on Thursday of this last week, I also got an acceptance from UW. Anyone else in my shoes? I loved EWU during the interview day and got a much better feeling from the program than I did from UW. Hope to see you some of you either at EWU or UW!

Would you mind posting your stats?

When did you get your letter? This past Thurs as in the 14th? and was it a letter in the mail or an email???

Did anyone else hear back from EWU!??! :scared:

Glennhurbert were you able to visit UW? I was accepted there as well but was unable to go visit and was hoping to find out what other applicants thought about the program.

Today I found out that I was accepted at Eastern! :) I received an email, so hopefully everyone else will be hearing from them soon!

Today I found out that I was accepted at Eastern! :) I received an email, so hopefully everyone else will be hearing from them soon!

congratulations!!! :thumbup: I am now going to be constantly checking my email! haha do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations!!! :thumbup: I am now going to be constantly checking my email! haha do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! :) I hope you hear from them soon; this waiting game is the most stressful process I've ever gone through!

My stats:
Cumulative GPA 3.7, Prereq 3.8
OT hours: 104 in 4 settings
GRE (old version): 600 V, 650 Q, 5.0 A
Extracurriculars: Psych dept research during undergrad, extensive work with kids in various settings as a volunteer and a nanny, editor for undergrad publication

Last edited:
Congrats!! Do you think you will accept at EWU?

Thank you! :) I'm not sure yet. I absolutely loved Eastern when I visited and felt that their program was a great match for my personality. And in all honesty, I was incredibly impressed with Eastern's facilities... more so than any other school I've visited. However, I'm currently waitlisted at UW, and I want to see what will happen there before I decide, since that would allow me to continue living at home rent-free. I have until April 5 to make a decision about Eastern, so hopefully UW will get back to me before then!

Thank you! :) I'm not sure yet. I absolutely loved Eastern when I visited and felt that their program was a great match for my personality. And in all honesty, I was incredibly impressed with Eastern's facilities... more so than any other school I've visited. However, I'm currently waitlisted at UW, and I want to see what will happen there before I decide, since that would allow me to continue living at home rent-free. I have until April 5 to make a decision about Eastern, so hopefully UW will get back to me before then!

How did you hear about being waitlisted at UW? I am waitlisted at Pacifc! :xf::xf:

UW is sending out waitlist letters today, you can call Mary during business hours and she will tell you what number you are. Good luck!

How did you hear about being waitlisted at UW? I am waitlisted at Pacifc! :xf::xf:

I emailed Mary, and she told me this morning. Apparently official letters have gone out in the mail, but I live near Seattle and have yet to receive a letter. I wish you the best of luck with Pacific! I'll be giving up my waitlist spot there now that I've heard from eastern, but Pacific's program seemed fantastic!

I have been accepted at EWU and UW and and am having a very hard time deciding which program to choose! Is anyone else in this situation that wants to give their thoughts? I received an email from EWU and a phone call from UW but no official letter yet from UW.

UW is sending out waitlist letters today, you can call Mary during business hours and she will tell you what number you are. Good luck!

Hi otwa, just saw that you're waitlisted at UW as well! Do you think you'll accept if they offer you admission, or are you considering other programs?

NewtoOT did you receive your email today too?? gosh darn I didn't get an email yet!!!!!! ahhh this is killing me :eek:

Yes I received my email this afternoon sometime. Hoepfully everyone will hear soon!

I have been accepted to EWU and Pacific. I found out about EWU today via email. I am very torn on which program to attend. There are pros and cons to each program--anyone else in my boat?

Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm looking at other places but UW is so much more affordable it would definitely be tempting!

After thinking it through, I believe I will be accepting the invite to EWU. The cheaper cost of living in Spokane, and the absolutely positive experience I had with EWU compared with UW swayed me. So anyone wait listed to UW, hopefully you get my spot! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Carrie told me they extended out all invites for acceptance today, she said she will be giving out waitlists and rejection email tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

I emailed Mary, and she told me this morning. Apparently official letters have gone out in the mail, but I live near Seattle and have yet to receive a letter. I wish you the best of luck with Pacific! I'll be giving up my waitlist spot there now that I've heard from eastern, but Pacific's program seemed fantastic!

Hey Kgirl- I remember chatting with you earlier about Pacific's program. What made you decide EWU over Pacific? I am having a really difficult time deciding. Originally I was set on Pacific but the more time that passes Pacific and EWU are a complete tie for me. Any advice?

Hey Kgirl- I remember chatting with you earlier about Pacific's program. What made you decide EWU over Pacific? I am having a really difficult time deciding. Originally I was set on Pacific but the more time that passes Pacific and EWU are a complete tie for me. Any advice?

I know what you mean; after experiencing both interview days, I feel like Pacific and EWU's programs are both fantastic. I know I'd be very happy attending either program, but for me, tuition was a big factor (Eastern is so much more affordable!). I also have friends living in Spokane, and I'm just more comfortable with Spokane in general, having grown up somewhat nearby in Wenatchee.

But my dad gave me some great advice going into this whole process, and maybe it will help you: take a few days to imagine yourself in each program and see which one feels most right to you, based on your personality, learning style and OT goals. When you picture yourself on a typical day in your ideal OT school, what do the facilities look like? What's the class structure? Are you doing something really hands-on with only a few other people, or listening to a lecture with 20+ other people? Maybe take a look at course descriptions for both programs and see if there's anything that really jumps out at you as either positive or negative.

Basically when both programs are great and will prepare you somewhat equally well for a career in OT, I think the best thing you can do is listen to your gut. :) I hope that helps!

I was just wondering, for those of you who were accepted at EWU, what were you stats?

I just found out I didn't get into Eastern. I'm wait-listed at Puget Sound and I was just wondering if any of you that were accepted at Eastern or other schools will be turning down spots at Puget Sound.