easy dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marymatthews

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know that all dental schools are difficult and rigorous, but i am curious, which dental schools are more easy/fair than the standard?
which schools are not as difficult with coursework and studying as the others?

Members don't see this ad.

i know that all dental schools are difficult and rigorous, but i am curious, which dental schools are more easy/fair than the standard?
which schools are not as difficult with coursework and studying as the others?

Why do you equate easy with fair?

Members don't see this ad :)
They are all easy if you have the right "stuff".

I mean coursework and rigorous wise... not for acceptance
which schools are easier in terms of diffuclty of the actual school?

Well taking into consideration that a typical student attends only one dental school in his/her dental career, they will not have the adequate experience to compare two schools' "rigour." You will be hard-pressed to find that this question will require time consuiming intellectual stimulating work and research from YOU.
Start by visiting schools' website to search and compare their curriculum.

Well taking into consideration that a typical student attends only one dental school in his/her dental career, they will not have the adequate experience to compare two schools' "rigour." You will be hard-pressed to find that this question will require time consuiming intellectual stimulating work and research from YOU.

I was thinking the same thing. It is so subjective that it will be hard to determine anyway.

+1

The ADA oversees dental school curriculum, so each school pretty much teaches the same thing, with a few slight variations (i.e. UNLV teaches some Spanish). Also, every school will have their easier instructors and more difficult instructors.

Basically, they're all hard. Get ready for 22-29 credits a quarter...

+1

The ADA oversees dental school curriculum, so each school pretty much teaches the same thing, with a few slight variations (i.e. UNLV teaches some Spanish). Also, every school will have their easier instructors and more difficult instructors.

Basically, they're all hard. Get ready for 22-29 credits a quarter...
ahhh quarters anyone have any experience in them vs semesters?

+1

The thing is, everyone takes the same boards in the end so you don't want to go to a school that is so "easy" you fail your exams.

ahhh quarters anyone have any experience in them vs semesters?

The dental school I will be attending shows that three classes are for the 1st nine weeks, three for the 2nd nine weeks, and four classes are 16 weeks. So it seems that only three classes at a time will be on the quarter system. Do most dental schools do this or do most have all classes on the quarter system?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you want to go to the dental school that doesn't prepare you for whats the most important... passing the licensing exams. There's 3 important board exams you have to take, if you don't pass them consider your 4.0 at dental school a bust. So I'd rather go to the school that's going prepare me the most for passing these.

Why would you want to go to the dental school that doesn't prepare you for whats the most important... passing the licensing exams. There's 3 important board exams you have to take, if you don't pass them consider your 4.0 at dental school a bust. So I'd rather go to the school that's going prepare me the most for passing these.

:thumbup: Completely agree!!!!

sorry, there seems to be a misunderstanding... i am not looking for a very easy dental school... i want to prepare and i want to learn... i am interested in knowing which dental schools are not as rigorous as others... for example, i have heard that columbia will now include the first 2 years of sciences all crammed into the first year in order to make more room for clinical experience... thus, i am assuming columbia would be a very rigorous first year since you would be learning 2 years of information in one.... so which schools would not be as rigorous? which schools are slightly more 'laid-back'?
thats all

Basically, I mean i dont want to go to a dental school where i will fail
for example, which schools have the least amount of drop out rates?

Drop out rate shouldn't matter... Go to the school with the highest pass rate for the board. Who cares if you graduate if you can't pass the licensing exam.

thats true thanks
where do i find info on passing rates please?

Basically, I mean i dont want to go to a dental school where i will fail
for example, which schools have the least amount of drop out rates?

if you think you'd fail at one particular school and be fine at another, i think you're sadly mistaken. IMO if you would fail out at ANY dental school, you would at least struggle at every other dental school

+2 :thumbup:
The harder your work, the more prepared you will be to pass the boards!

I've heard from a few people that UCSF allows people to live a life while their in D-school and students don't have a hard time there. They want people to balance their lives and not stress too much, people don't really fail. But then again UCSF is really hard to get into and the people there must be really smart.

I wouldn't worry about easy/hard dental schools though. So many people have said that once you're in, you will be a dentist. If you put in the time and the work that you need, you can feel pretty safely assured that you will make it through. There is a lot of support for the students. Once you are in, everyone there just wants you to make it. They don't try to challenge you and make your cry like some undergrad profs...but you just try your best once you're there and those who really want it, make it.

At Buffalo, they told me they have a big brother/big sister program so older students help you out. The faculty is almost at a 1:1 ratio with the students so they are very helpful and caring. Dr. Brown (the dean of admissions) always has his door open if you need help and advice...all the profs have an open door policy. There is even someone you can see for therapy if you are stressing out too much. It's pretty tough to fail, they are more likely to let you do a year over than kick you out at Buffalo.

..NYU however, I hear kicks out the bottom 20 people.

Anyway, just try your best. Cheers.