Easy to Get in MPH Schools?

Started by Mahendra
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mahendra

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, I know its a repost but I am moving it from sub-section to main section
Hi Guys, I am an international student applying to MPH program in US for fall 2007 ( I know it is little late) but still... I could not do good on standard tests. Could you guys suggest some easy to get in University for MPH program? Here are my credentials:

GRE - V.360, M-760 A-3.0
TOEFL - 73/120

MBBS % from a decent Indian Medical school - 59
SOP - good
Recos - Good

I am not looking for good school or funding, admission will be good in 2nd or 3rd tier university. Please help.

Thanks
 
OK, may be I can ask people's opinion about UAB- Birmingharm and FIU? Do i stand a chance there?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What program? Americans suck at math, so your GRE score on that part is not bad. As for the verbal-eeerrr. Check the minimum requirements on the webpage to make sure you make it.
I think you'd have a chance to get in at UAB in epi. They're letting in tons of people lately, and public health programs arent really all that competitive.
 
As long as you broke a 1000 on GRE you'll be fine. There are plenty of state schools that will take you with open arms.