EC classification/hours questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clippers50fan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two separate items.

1) I made and ran a fundraiser (an actual event at my uni, not just raising money through other means) for a children's hospital. Do you include all hours you spent planning and making the event, as well as the hours of the actual event, in your AMCAS ECs under non-clinical volunteering? I suppose it could be leadership, but I'd rather put non-clinical volunteering personally as that's how I viewed it.

2) Along the same vein: I made a non-clinical volunteering organization (which I also volunteer through it), and in the description I am going to separate my director hours with my volunteer hours (weekly), but for the total hours should I combine them? I have all 15 spots filled so I can't really separate this activity unless I include the volunteering portion along with the other non-clinical activities I do that I am grouping together.

Please and thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

1) non clinical volunteering, but mention that you spearheaded it in the comments box

2) Probably not worth separating - just keep it together. Shouldn't make a huge difference either way

1) non clinical volunteering, but mention that you spearheaded it in the comments box

2) Probably not worth separating - just keep it together. Shouldn't make a huge difference either way
So for my second project, I can use both the directing and volunteer hours combined as non-clinical volunteering?

Members don't see this ad :)
1) I made and ran a fundraiser (an actual event at my uni, not just raising money through other means) for a children's hospital. Do you include all hours you spent planning and making the event, as well as the hours of the actual event, in your AMCAS ECs under non-clinical volunteering?
1) Yes, provided you attended the event.