EC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted801953

I have multiple volunteering experiences between 20-30 hours which are not really related. How would you post these in your application?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can just post them as volunteer service. I know they like some non-medical volunteering because it seems less self-serving than focusing entirely on medical volunteer opportunities (supposedly with the intention of using them as resume builders).

I think you compile them into one activity box on the AMCAS as it'll look like fluffing if you write a bunch of different ones separate. I think it'll be better to do this too as you can make it more significant.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have multiple volunteering experiences between 20-30 hours which are not really related. How would you post these in your application?
You can group them into one space (presumably Volunteer/Not Medical Clinical, if that is true of all of them), name the space something like "Short-Term Community Volunteering" (or something similar that is inclusive of all of them), list the most recent or the most substantive first and use that information for most of the header information, ie Organization, Location, and Contact. List the others below that in the narrative space, giving similar information. For each, include the hours and dates of involvement. In the Total Hours space, add all the hours together. This approach won't give you much space for explanation, but as PreMedStudent55555 said, it will look more substantial.

Reactions: 3 users
You can group them into one space (presumably Volunteer/Not Medical Clinical, if that is true of all of them), name the space something like "Short-Term Community Volunteering" (or something similar that is inclusive of all of them), list the most recent or the most substantive first and use that information for most of the header information, ie Organization, Location, and Contact. List the others below that in the narrative space, giving similar information. For each, include the hours and dates of involvement. In the Total Hours space, add all the hours together. This approach won't give you much space for explanation, but as PreMedStudent55555 said, it will look more substantial.

This is a good explanation! I have been wondering this too! :)