Ecology to boost sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgamon8

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would reflect poorly on me if I took Principles of Ecology along with physics, molecular bio, and human sexuality next semester. I really wanted to take a neuroscience course for my psych minor but I heard that the spring prof is really difficult.
I could take cancer biology but the timing interferes with the clinic I volunteer at. I could take bioinformatics, but my systems biology course I am in right now is kind of hard so I am not looking to go further into coding.. Ecology seems like it won't be too difficult but I don't want to look like I'm just trying to boost my GPA. I already took an earth science class that probably gives off this vibe. I guess, on the other hand, I have good grades in Ochem and gen chem it's just my Bs in physics 1 and in labs that bring me down.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical schools have the MCAT to test applicants on how well they truly know the material. I played around with the LizzyM calculator and found out the MCAT accounts for more of your LizzyM score than your GPA does. Just do well on that and measure your LizzyM score.

I was wondering if it would reflect poorly on me if I took Principles of Ecology along with physics, molecular bio, and human sexuality next semester. I really wanted to take a neuroscience course for my psych minor but I heard that the spring prof is really difficult.
I could take cancer biology but the timing interferes with the clinic I volunteer at. I could take bioinformatics, but my systems biology course I am in right now is kind of hard so I am not looking to go further into coding.. Ecology seems like it won't be too difficult but I don't want to look like I'm just trying to boost my GPA. I already took an earth science class that probably gives off this vibe. I guess, on the other hand, I have good grades in Ochem and gen chem it's just my Bs in physics 1 and in labs that bring me down.
Are there no other higher level science/math courses you can take and excel at? Having a random 100/200 level course with other higher level courses might not be the greatest idea. Adcoms aren't naive when it comes to detecting gpa boosters.

Medical schools have the MCAT to test applicants on how well they truly know the material. I played around with the LizzyM calculator and found out the MCAT accounts for more of your LizzyM score than your GPA does. Just do well on that and measure your LizzyM score.
The LizzyM score is a rough estimator for applicant competitiveness and does not reflect the actual weights of MCAT:GPA. Assume that both are equally important since neither truly makes up for the other.

Members don't see this ad :)
all my upper division courses were ecology, conservation, animal behavior, etc. - it doesn't matter!

Reactions: 1 user
According to AMCAS course classification, Ecology is considered as a BCPM course.

Nobody will care about one class.

Ecology is not always easy; at my UG it was notoriously a killer hard class and my experience was the same. Great experience but one of the hardest bio classes. Other universities it's a breeze and easy A. Just beware.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No they won't care don't listen to others

Just make sure it's easy