ECU Dental Applying 2011

I meant today.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the email an hour ago... and I interviewed Sept. 29th

Strange. I wonder if that is their 'waitlist' e-mail, but the wording doesn't sound like a waitlist....

Very Curious.:confused:

Anyone else receive this e-mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
To cookie13 and iwannabedentist:

Did your aadsas status change?

I know this is what it said exactly:
"As promised, we wanted to update you regarding the status of your application to the ECU School of Dental Medicine. We appreciate your interest in our school, and we enjoyed having the opportunity to visit with you. At this point in time, your application is currently under active review by the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made."

and no status change says received/under review

I received the same email about an hour ago...I also heard that someone from NC State did get in today. Had unbelievable stats (3.9 and 23's across). I interviewed October 6th FYI. Could be worse news so I'm still in good spirits..."So you're tellin me there's a chance..."

I received the same email about an hour ago...I also heard that someone from NC State did get in today. Had unbelievable stats (3.9 and 23's across). I interviewed October 6th FYI. Could be worse news so I'm still in good spirits..."So you're tellin me there's a chance..."

Interesting tidbit, though no offense, I'm a bit skeptical about the early acceptance. Rumors always start flying about now.

I guess any news other than 'no' after any interview is good news, in a way.

Wonder why I didn't get an e-mail, I feel left out.. lol

To those who received the e-mails today, do you feel the interview experience went well?

Interesting tidbit, though no offense, I'm a bit skeptical about the early acceptance. Rumors always start flying about now.

I guess any news other than 'no' after any interview is good news, in a way.

Wonder why I didn't get an e-mail, I feel left out.. lol

To those who received the e-mails today, do you feel the interview experience went well?

Very true. When did you interview? I felt like my interview went well. I don't have great stats (3.55, 19 19 20) and am otherwise average in terms of service and volunteering. Just repeating info I heard from other people so I can't say for certain if anyone got in or not.

Very true. When did you interview? I felt like my interview went well. I don't have great stats (3.55, 19 19 20) and am otherwise average in terms of service and volunteering. Just repeating info I heard from other people so I can't say for certain if anyone got in or not.

No, I totally understand.

I felt my interview went well also, I am a non-trad with a lower undergrad GPA but a high grad GPA, and average DAT scores.

It seems to be a crap-shoot unfortunately.

I got the email too :confused::eyebrow::confused:. The tone was very non-committal, which makes me think it's the waitlist email.

Holdout jmt, could still be good news on the horizon for you tomorrow.

hey so has anyone ECU's status blanked. I just checked mine and it did... Idk if its good or bad... what i've been reading its a good sign but we'll see... anyone else??

And i didn't get that "active review" email...

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, most everything ive read about blanks has been good.

it means status change, correct? im guessing it can only go one way lol :D

I haven't received that particular "waitlist" email (if that's what it is), and my status on AADSAS has not changed from Under Review. I interviewed Oct. 13th, and the interview went well, receiving positive feedback.

Best wishes.

mine went blank, as well as MD, and CT, so hopefully good news.

Accepted to ECU via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AADSAS is also blank. :)

I received that email... what do you guys think it means? The first thought that popped into my head was "wait list" ... but I have no certain idea on what it means... it is also dated as Dec. 1st

Ok I know its a bit off topic but does anyone know when UNC will call??

I heard that it's later than all other schools (idk why). I talked to some students last couple cycles and they didn't receive calls till around the 10th...

I heard that it's later than all other schools (idk why). I talked to some students last couple cycles and they didn't receive calls till around the 10th...

They're meeting tomorrow morning through the afternoon. I'm assuming they'll make calls tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning.

According to last year's thread, phone calls went out on Dec 2nd.

:( I guess the email was a wait list email.

No e-mail, and status still says 'under review' :confused:

wow, i can't believe you already heard! I hope there are some more e-mails coming! (Unless they are all sent out at once.....:scared:)

did you receive the "acceptance" email or the one that everyone's talking about in this thread? I don't mean to offend you, but I am just scared because I didn't get any emails.. But if you did get an official acceptance email, CONGRATULATIONS!

did you receive the "acceptance" email or the one that everyone's talking about in this thread? I don't mean to offend you, but I am just scared because I didn't get any emails.. But if you did get an official acceptance email, CONGRATULATIONS!

wow, i can't believe you already heard! I hope there are some more e-mails coming! (Unless they are all sent out at once.....:scared:)

Yeah I'm sure there will be more emails, especially since nobody else has posted they received one.

The subject says "offer of admission" and in the email it states they want to invite me to be a member of their inaugural class. :)
It also says an official letter will also be snail mailed and we have until Jan 5 to make an official response.

Yeah I'm sure there will be more emails, especially since nobody else has posted they received one.

The subject says "offer of admission" and in the email it states they want to invite me to be a member of their inaugural class. :)
It also says an official letter will also be snail mailed.

You interviewed early, right?

4th molar, when did you get the email from ECU? I hoping they didn't send out ALL their dec 1st emails today. :confused:

4th molar, when did you get the email from ECU? I hoping they didn't send out ALL their dec 1st emails today. :confused:

It says it was received close to 4:30 this afternoon.

Do you all think that they've sent out all pre-dec acceptances today??? I hope not!

It says it was received close to 4:30 this afternoon.

Thanks for the info...congrats!

I think I'm going to unplug for the night, no sense brooding. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all get good news in one form or another.:thumbup:

I got the same fateful email about not having a full decision made on our application yet. Im just curious how many of the people who received that email interviewed at chapel hill. Im guessing they want to interview the rest of the applicants before fully deciding on our applications. good luck everybody and congrats to 4th molar

I got the same fateful email about not having a full decision made on our application yet. Im just curious how many of the people who received that email interviewed at chapel hill. Im guessing they want to interview the rest of the applicants before fully deciding on our applications. good luck everybody and congrats to 4th molar

good point, I would be curious to know.

Also makes me wonder just how many they are planning on accepting today/tomorrow

For those that got the email today about the applications still being under review, what is your AADSAS status? Mine is blank, and I'm hoping that's good!

For those that got the email today about the applications still being under review, what is your AADSAS status? Mine is blank, and I'm hoping that's good!

LoL. sounds like every combination that is possible has occured reading back through the posts:

no blank, 'waitlist' email
blank, 'waitlist' email
no blank no email
blank no email

and I say 'waitlist' just because we don't know.

Seems nothing conclusive can be drawn from our results here. lol

For those of you that got the "waitlist" email, was this after sending ecu an email inquiring about your status? Or did you just get a spontaneous email from them today telling them they still hadn't made a final decision? Just wondering, becuase I haven't received any form of communication since the financial aid email a few weeks ago..

For those of you that got the "waitlist" email, was this after sending ecu an email inquiring about your status? Or did you just get a spontaneous email from them today telling them they still hadn't made a final decision? Just wondering, becuase I haven't received any form of communication since the financial aid email a few weeks ago..

For what it's worth, I sent them an e-mail sunday evening asking about how we would be notified and never heard back from them, and no ambiguous 'waitlist' e-mail today.

Thanks! I interviewed at UNC as well and was surprised to hear that a lot of the students did not receive an interview at ECU. I think ECU is really big on seeing applicants with good volunteer hours and time spent with activities such as the MOM clinics, as it plays right into their main values and mission. It will be a very tough decision to make between the two schools if I receive an acceptance to UNC as well, as both have their pros and cons.

LoL. sounds like every combination that is possible has occured reading back through the posts:

no blank, 'waitlist' email
blank, 'waitlist' email
no blank no email
blank no email

and I say 'waitlist' just because we don't know.

Seems nothing conclusive can be drawn from our results here. lol

did somebody actually say they had a blank and a waitlist email? i don't remember seeing that one

I think TarHeel210 did, based on the question they asked, but I may be wrong.

My AADSAS status is blank, but I haven't received any e-mails since the one about the the cost of tuition explanation.

I was wondering if the the people that got the "waitlist" email had blank statuses, or if they said "waitlist" or something of that nature.

I interviewed at UNC as well and got the waitlist email as we are now calling it. I didnt have as many volunteer hours as everyone else probably does but im hoping that Ill hear from UNC at some point with an acceptance. Quick question was anyone else asked when they interviewed about what other places they applied and if the got interviews anywhere else???

My AADSAS status is blank, but I haven't received any e-mails since the one about the the cost of tuition explanation.

I was wondering if the the people that got the "waitlist" email had blank statuses, or if they said "waitlist" or something of that nature.

I can't speak for everyone but I got the email earlier today and my AADSAS status is NOT blank. This is what the email said:

"As promised, we wanted to update you regarding the status of your application to the ECU School of Dental Medicine. We appreciate your interest in our school, and we enjoyed having the opportunity to visit with you. At this point in time, your application is currently under active review by the Admissions Committee, but a final decision has not yet been made.

A rolling admissions process, such as ours at ECU, is very dynamic, and it is important that we remain in close communication throughout the remainder of the admissions cycle. Just as you will receive information regarding the status of your application at other schools, we will continue to receive additional information about our applicants.

If you receive offers of admission from other schools, we would encourage you to consider them carefully. If you receive an offer from another school that you decide to accept, we would appreciate your notifying us, so that we can make the appropriate notations in your admissions file. Should you receive an offer that you are seriously considering, but you still want to actively pursue admission at ECU, we would urge you to contact us to see when we might project that a final decision regarding your application could be made.

Again, we appreciate your considering our school for your professional education, and we look forward to continuing to be in contact with you during the admissions process."

Thanks kozty!

I'm still hoping that the blank status and lack of "waitlist" email indicates admission - but who really knows.

Good luck to all!

I interviewed at UNC as well and got the waitlist email as we are now calling it. I didnt have as many volunteer hours as everyone else probably does but im hoping that Ill hear from UNC at some point with an acceptance. Quick question was anyone else asked when they interviewed about what other places they applied and if the got interviews anywhere else???

Yes I was asked this, I only applied to ECU and UNC and haven't heard anything from UNC(I told them this). I also don't have as many volunteer hours as most ECU applicants I would guess.

Does anyone know of anyone that has been rejected from ECU yet? I'm thinking that might be what I hear tomorrow.