ECU Dental Applying 2011

My question is what about those who didn't get blanked (hasn't changed since August) and didn't receive the waitlist email? Does that mean automatic rejection? Hmm...we'll find out Dec 1.

Best wishes to all and congratulations to those that received an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

My question is what about those who didn't get blanked (hasn't changed since August) and didn't receive the waitlist email? Does that mean automatic rejection? Hmm...we'll find out Dec 1.

Best wishes to all and congratulations to those that received an acceptance.

Hopefully it will only be a few more hours until we get the answer to that question my friend.

So no e-mail at 12:01AM (or 6:53 AM for that matter)....I wonder when they will go out? You are lucky to have heard early 4th molar! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
To those still waiting, but no 'blank', I noticed on my AADSAS under supplemental materials, ECU is listed as 'updated 11/30/2010' but still says no action required. So, maybe everyone, even those who weren't blanked yesterday were still updated in some way......

Recieved an email by from Dr. Wilson regarding an acceptance on 11/30. Was surprised to see it before Dec. 1.

Recieved an email by from Dr. Wilson regarding an acceptance on 11/30. Was surprised to see it before Dec. 1.

congrats!

I hope an earlier poster was correct by saying we should hear yes or no today.

ECU extended me an offer via AADSAS :) ... still no email though ... guess i'm just waiting around for that!!

ECU extended me an offer via AADSAS :) ... still no email though ... guess i'm just waiting around for that!!

congrats! Glad to hear that they are still sending them out...:thumbup:

Got the "waitlist" email :rolleyes:

Congratulations Sneil! For those that haven't received an offer, keep your chin up. They probably have only given out a few offers, and they're waiting to see what happens. They just posted a message on facebook in regards to acceptances today. This could mean they're done with sending out acceptances for today, but who knows. Another thought is they could be waiting to see who gets accepted to UNC today/tomorrow, before they send anything else out. Just giving some possible scenarios so those that haven't heard anything, stay positive. Good luck!

Offer email a few minutes ago, plus uconn and md and then an unexpected Louisville interview invite.

offer via email from Dr. Wilson:D Good luck to you all...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, how active is the waitlist for ECU?

Good question, my guess would be that it depends on the offers that UNC hands out today, then in about 30 days when deposits are due there could be some movement.

my aadsas went from blank to "offer made" at 8am. then got the acceptance email from Dr. Wilson at 8:30am....even if you haven't gotten an email check your aadsas!

and don't lose hope if you didn't get in today! the class isn't full yet.

Just curious...has ecu handed out any rejections yet during this cycle? It seems like so far everyones either gotten an acceptance or a :"waitlist" email :-\

Just curious...has ecu handed out any rejections yet during this cycle? It seems like so far everyones either gotten an acceptance or a :"waitlist" email :-\

I agree, I haven't heard of any rejections...makes me wonder how great being on the 'waitlist' really is. Anyways, we'll see in the next couple weeks if there is any movement.

i don't think they've handed out any rejections. and the "waitlist" isn't really a waitlist yet since they haven't filled the class. it's more like a "we didn't accept you today but we might in the future"

I wonder... how many people got offers this morning.. It seems that there are more of us with "waitlist" email than those with actual acceptance letter.. ERR!! I wish they could just tell us what's the real purpose of sending out that "waitlist" email.. sorry people, i'm just scared that it's gonna turn out to be a rejection :(

Interesting. I haven't received an email regarding whether I'm accepted or waitlisted, and my AADSAS hasn't changed from under review. Hmmmm...

Interesting. I haven't received an email regarding whether I'm accepted or waitlisted, and my AADSAS hasn't changed from under review. Hmmmm...

It is weird, but who knows how chaotic it is for them, maybe they are waiting until they know who is accepted today from UNC??

I just don't like how open-ended this 'waitlist' e-mail sounded...could be awhile until we know anything, one way or the other. Hard to know what the next steps should be.

hey guys,

It seems like you were trying to figure out how many of us got in. I got an email and a phone call this morning! It took me 4 years to finally get an acceptance so this is a great day!

hey guys,

It seems like you were trying to figure out how many of us got in. I got an email and a phone call this morning! It took me 4 years to finally get an acceptance so this is a great day!

Interesting that you got a phone call also. Congrats!

When did you interview, and did you get and aadsas update (and/or blank?)

when did you receive your call/e-mail?

Interesting that you got a phone call also. Congrats!

When did you interview, and did you get and aadsas update (and/or blank?)

when did you receive your call/e-mail?

I interviewed on the 23rd of November. I did get the blank last night but then this morning at 8 a.m. it said "offer made." I got a phone call at around 9 from Dr. Taylor and then got the email around 9:30.

big congrats to everyone who got in. Hopefully a few more of us from this thread will be joining ya shortly

curious if anyone who interviewed at both schools got an acceptance to UNC but not ECU.. ?

curious if anyone who interviewed at both schools got an acceptance to UNC but not ECU.. ?

agree, this would be interesting to know. Also:

how many of us that were 'waitlisted' haven't heard anything from UNC,

or

how many not 'waitlisted' at ECU got accepted today at UNC.

Makes me think there was some serious cooperation going on behind the scenes.

agree, this would be interesting to know. Also:

how many of us that were 'waitlisted' haven't heard anything from UNC,

or

how many not 'waitlisted' at ECU got accepted today at UNC.

Makes me think there was some serious cooperation going on behind the scenes.

I really doubt any cooperation I don't think it would be ethical. I got in to both! got the call from UNC at 3:30

I really doubt any cooperation I don't think it would be ethical. I got in to both! got the call from UNC at 3:30

congrats! That's some major perseverance to stick it out 4 years. glad you made it, sounds like you deserve it

Well it makes a little sense now. I was wondering why I hadn't received any emails at all from ECU regarding an acceptance or waitlist, because my interviews there went really well. Maybe they were talking. Ok, I'm done with the conspiracy theories. Congrats again to all those with acceptances, and those that haven't heard the good news, keep your chin up, and stay positive, I'm pulling for y'all.

I got the email this morning. I'm in for the first class at ECU.:D Those of you that haven't heard anything, keep you chin up. This is my second year applying to dental schools. I wish you the best of luck.

I also received a phone call today as well from ECU this afternoon. AADSAS has been updated to "Offer Made". Also interviewed at UNC but have not received a phone call from them, but i guess we will have to see later in the cycle whether there is any sort of correlation between applicants being accepted to one school or the other (but I doubt there is any sort of collaboration).

congrats! That's some major perseverance to stick it out 4 years. glad you made it, sounds like you deserve it

Thanks it was tough to stay committed. Again to all those who may not make it this cycle get with Dr. Wilder/Dr. Wilson and see what you may need to do next year. I went every year to Chapel Hill and asked what the next step was for me. I would have done the same for ECU. They appreciate the effort. Good Luck! We are all good candidates it's just getting everything lined up at the right time!

Thanks it was tough to stay committed. Again to all those who may not make it this cycle get with Dr. Wilder/Dr. Wilson and see what you may need to do next year. I went every year to Chapel Hill and asked what the next step was for me. I would have done the same for ECU. They appreciate the effort. Good Luck! We are all good candidates it's just getting everything lined up at the right time!

Don't think that there will be a next time for me if it doesn't work out. I've been at this awhile (first applied in 2005 cycle) so I don't know that there is much else I can do, it would be awesome to get it, but I really just need closure at this point.

Good luck to everyone here, I've met some cool people this year and think everyone here has the potential to make fine dentists.

Don't think that there will be a next time for me if it doesn't work out. I've been at this awhile (first applied in 2005 cycle) so I don't know that there is much else I can do, it would be awesome to get it, but I really just need closure at this point.

Good luck to everyone here, I've met some cool people this year and think everyone here has the potential to make fine dentists.

I really don't think you should give up. What have you been doing these past years to improve your application? If you haven't met with the Directors/Deans, I'd advise you to do that. A Masters will also help, and I know that is the only reason I made it in this cycle. If you have been trying all these years, don't just quit now. I know it's tough to stay confident, hopeful and persistent, but it will pay off in the end.

I sincerely hope you don't throw in the towel man. It was great meeting you at the interview, and though I don't know you well, my first impressions were that you'd make a great doc. I know it's cliche, but if it's your dream keep at it and it will happen. Eventually if you knock on the door long enough, someone will answer. Best of luck to you in the coming months...

Acceptance email received around 3pm yesterday. Dr. Taylor called last night and Dr. Ross this morning. The committee at ECU is doing a tremendous job of reaching out and making a strong impression

I also received a call from Terry Barker at UNC around.3:05 today.

Received acceptance email from Louisville just past midnight. I feel really blessed and fortunate to have three great schools to choose from

I really don't think you should give up. What have you been doing these past years to improve your application? If you haven't met with the Directors/Deans, I'd advise you to do that. A Masters will also help, and I know that is the only reason I made it in this cycle. If you have been trying all these years, don't just quit now. I know it's tough to stay confident, hopeful and persistent, but it will pay off in the end.

Since undergrad graduation in 2006 I finished a Master's with thesis, while working with/shadowing an oral surgeon doing research for the two years. Some of our research panned out and we patented some of my work (and started a biotech company). He was big on the lecture circuit and I had some really unique opportunities to meet people, and co-authored two textbook chapters with him used in dental schools. I moved to NC a couple years back and I have been working in the research field and have had a moderately successful publishing record. The 'bad' parts of my application are my relative lack of volunteer work, which I've starting working on the last year, but its tough to find time quite honestly. I also feel my 'lowish' undergrad GPA is a factor, which is why I did the Master's.

Its been a long road, but it's still early in the cycle, maybe the ECU waitlist will start moving in a couple weeks, or maybe I'll hear about a UNC interview. If I don't have luck this cycle, I need to have a sit down with the wifey and plan my next steps.

dont give up boss,

im C/O '06 from NCSU as well and this is my 3-4th year trying. ive been fortunate to stay in the dental field for a long time and i think my GPA/DAT is what is hurting me. but im not taking that damned test again. i may take a few classes to help with my GPA though if i have to. maybe a 1 year non-thesis masters if i can find one.

but like everyone has been saying. its early. i honestly didnt expect this from ECU. i felt like i nailed my interview. but it could be the fact that with my average GPA and DAT, they want to be portrayed as a school with above average scores when people look them up.

i thought once you get an interview, thats what they mostly judge you on. i guess not.

so we'll see. there is a lot of confusion going on and hopefully it can all be sorted in our favor.

:xf:

Just heard that ECU accepted 20 students yesterday. Theres an article in the Greenville paper but I don't think its viewable online. Correct me if I'm wrong because I dont have the paper in front of me.

That may be correct, but it seems though they would accept more than 20 students if they are trying to fill a class of 50, but then again who knows. We will have a better idea of how many were accepted and are interested when the special event takes place on the 17th.

That may be correct, but it seems though they would accept more than 20 students if they are trying to fill a class of 50, but then again who knows. We will have a better idea of how many were accepted and are interested when the special event takes place on the 17th.

In my opinion, accepting 20 for a class of 50 seems kind of low, especially when you consider not everyone you accept will commit, but I hope that its true, it gives us on the 'wait-list' some hope. (especially when you consider that ppl that are wait-listed at ECU may get accepted elsewhere and commit there)

What special event is occuring on the 17th? I missed the reference.

In my opinion, accepting 20 for a class of 50 seems kind of low, especially when you consider not everyone you accept will commit, but I hope that its true, it gives us on the 'wait-list' some hope. (especially when you consider that ppl that are wait-listed at ECU may get accepted elsewhere and commit there)

What special event is occuring on the 17th? I missed the reference.

20 seems about right to me. If what has been said on here about the number of interviews left, there is still a long way to go.

The event is for people that were accepted. I am sure they will do it again when the next batch goes out sometime in the future. You are able to bring family, and a significant other. Its another information session, and you can ask any questions, and what not, I am not really sure about all the details, but that seems about right.

The event is for people that were accepted. I am sure they will do it again when the next batch goes out sometime in the future. You are able to bring family, and a significant other. Its another information session, and you can ask any questions, and what not, I am not really sure about all the details, but that seems about right.

Cool idea, I like it.

Well I hope the next couple weeks move quickly....

Yeah it's basically allowing you, your peers, and family members learn more about the school, the technology being used, etc.

Also, I realize 20 is low, but it is pretty much on par with what Dr. Wilson told me. She said they will interview ~300 applicants until next February and will not be accepting all students on Dec 1st. I'm sure there will be a lot more movement after Jan. 5th, which is the date we have to give them a formal response on whether or not we want to accept their invitaiton.

So to me the million dollar question is:

How many of the lucky people here that were accepted to ECU plan on committing to them? (or at least holding a spot)

When do you think you will let them know (one way or the other?)

Not trying to be pushy, just curious.

So to me the million dollar question is:

How many of the lucky people here that were accepted to ECU plan on committing to them? (or at least holding a spot)

When do you think you will let them know (one way or the other?)

Not trying to be pushy, just curious.

Considering it's my only acceptance thus far and I have not received a call from UNC, I will send the formal acceptance letter to them within the next couple of days.