ECU/UNC acceptance/rejection thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After losing my application materials not once but TWICE in 4 years, and then waitlisting me after I did everything that was ever asked of me in the exit interviews, there's no way in hell I am going to defer my acceptance till next year for ECU hehe. In their defense, once you are offically in ECU, I hear they treat you like family, however in the overall admissions process I feel I am just a couple numbers on a white sheet of paper and I'm not willing to risk another year of my life when I can press on just as well at another school. /vent off :smuggrin:

Yeah I'm a smidgen jaded hehe but I did hang in there with a smile on my face for four years!

Truth is, after being in a low paying job for 2 years I'm ready to move on with my life. yeah it's a big 245k loan I have to take out for DO school, but I look at it as an investment. ;) So in summary, if I don't get off of the waitlist, I'm going to WVSOM and will be happy and sucessful there. When life throws you lemons, you make lemonaide out of it.

Doc2B09 - I wish you the best in this application cycle! Take my advice and apply ASAP, as the early bird gets the worm. And call them every two weeks to ensure they haven't lost your application hehe. :laugh: If you apply to DO schools, WVSOM was the best one that I found as far as a good environment, excellent facilities and an awesome staff. Edward Via isn't bad either but remember it is new. :)

Oh yeah, and Franklin... YOU DA MAN :) :laugh: I'm still stoked that you got into UNC! and LOL at the doggy Celebrex!

-Richie

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations buddy! you deserve it. :)

sigh. bttt.

just started my application again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sad stuff. Read the last line. This article was posted on CNN this morning.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- More than 1,200 volunteers Tuesday scoured the steep terrain surrounding a park and canyon in a search for a pregnant woman who apparently vanished while jogging a day earlier.

Lori Kay Hacking, 27, left her Salt Lake home around daybreak Monday to run in the Memory Grove Park and City Creek Canyon area, Detective Dwayne Baird said. After she failed to show up at work later, her husband, Mark Hacking, called police, Baird said.

"I'm just so grateful they are coming to look for her," the woman's mother, Thelma Soares, said as volunteers fanned out along an eight-mile grid in the canyon directly east of the Utah Capitol.

Among the volunteers were relatives of Elizabeth Smart, who was allegedly kidnapped in 2002 by drifters and found with them nine months later in a Salt Lake suburb.

Baird said Lori Hacking was seen by a witness Monday morning when she was stretching near the park; he said her car was found near the front gates of the park.

Police first searched the area Monday using dogs and helicopters; SWAT team members with infrared binoculars were stationed above the canyon Monday night.

Besides being a popular place for runners and cyclers, City Creek Canyon is also home to transients who camp in the brush. Several transients were interviewed Monday as they left the canyon, which has been closed, Baird said.

Mark Hacking also was interviewed by the police in what Baird called routine questioning.

"It's important that he be cleared of any suspicion from the beginning," said his father, Doug Hacking.

Doug Hacking said the couple, married for nearly five years, were not having any marital problems. He said his daughter-in-law had learned Thursday she is five weeks pregnant, and the couple had planned to move next week to Chapel Hill, North Carolina, where Mark Hacking is to attend medical school.

Wow. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and his family. This really puts everything in perspective.

Wow. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and his family. This really puts everything in perspective.

I concur, man I hope she's found. I'm speechless, I sincerely hope they find Lori!

the dude lied about getting into UNC Med. he hasnt even finished undergrad.

franklinthedog said:

I concur, man I hope she's found. I'm speechless, I sincerely hope they find Lori!

Has anyone verified that he was lying? If he is, it really makes him look suspicious.