ED "re-interview" - What should my next steps be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

normalperson23

Reaction score
Hello,

I interviewed early decision at a school where I am in-state, and was asked today to re-interview this month. I have a couple of questions for the knowledgeable people on here:

1. What's the significance of the re-interview? Does it indicate that I had poor interviews but was a good candidate otherwise, or I had one particularly bad interview?

2. Should I apply elsewhere, and where should I apply if so? I'm a senior at a state school in the Southeast, 3.7ish, 513, 300ish hours clinical shadowing, OK research, Americorps, college club leadership. Overall I don't think my extracurriculars make me a particularly interesting or convincing candidate but they're alright. Is it too late to apply to other schools?

Thanks in advance, I'm really kinda in a pickle here and am looking forward to your responses

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I interviewed early decision at a school where I am in-state, and was asked today to re-interview this month. I have a couple of questions for the knowledgeable people on here:

1. What's the significance of the re-interview? Does it indicate that I had poor interviews but was a good candidate otherwise, or I had one particularly bad interview?

2. Should I apply elsewhere, and where should I apply if so? I'm a senior at a state school in the Southeast, 3.7ish, 513, 300ish hours clinical shadowing, OK research, Americorps, college club leadership. Overall I don't think my extracurriculars make me a particularly interesting or convincing candidate but they're alright. Is it too late to apply to other schools?

Thanks in advance, I'm really kinda in a pickle here and am looking forward to your responses
The significance of the re-interview is that you applied ED and will not receive an acceptance by 10/1. No one here can possibly know why, but, of course you should apply elsewhere.

It is already kind of late everywhere, and, while you have not yet been rejected, you also not have not yet been accepted, so you are nowhere, other than having a guaranteed interview at the school. This is the danger and the risk of applying ED. Supposedly it gives you an advantage on being accepted, but, if you aren't, it's 10/1 and you first have to start applying. It's not "too late" since it's not past anyone's deadline, but it's not early.

Hello,

You should ask the school what it means :)

Reactions: 1 user