-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those of you with secondaries... Did you apply ED? Or are you regular decision applicants?
I've been verified since June as an OOS regular decision applicant and have not heard anything from either campus. I can't tell if it's because they're just not sending out regular decision secondaries yet, or if it's because I've been rejected pre-secondary (my app's major weakness is that I have a terrible undergrad GPA... it takes me out of the running at schools that automate, but my 3.9 post bac+grad school GPA is helpful at schools that don't).
I think it's probably too early for me to bug admissions about my app, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I've been verified since June as an OOS regular decision applicant and have not heard anything from either campus. I can't tell if it's because they're just not sending out regular decision secondaries yet, or if it's because I've been rejected pre-secondary (my app's major weakness is that I have a terrible undergrad GPA... it takes me out of the running at schools that automate, but my 3.9 post bac+grad school GPA is helpful at schools that don't).
I think it's probably too early for me to bug admissions about my app, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
For those of you with secondaries... Did you apply ED? Or are you regular decision applicants?
I've been verified since June as an OOS regular decision applicant and have not heard anything from either campus. I can't tell if it's because they're just not sending out regular decision secondaries yet, or if it's because I've been rejected pre-secondary (my app's major weakness is that I have a terrible undergrad GPA... it takes me out of the running at schools that automate, but my 3.9 post bac+grad school GPA is helpful at schools that don't).
I think it's probably too early for me to bug admissions about my app, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I'm an OOS regular applicant and I received the secondary back in the beginning of July. I would go ahead and check with them. It never hurts!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't even received a secondary application and I submitted my AACOMAS June 3rd... 3.9 gpa and 27 MCAT so I wouldn't think I was screened out pre-secondary but who knows? Any ideas?
i spoke with the director of admissions of the new VCOM auburn this weekend in Destin at the Alabama osteopathic medical association meeting and it seems be great school. He said they can not interview till october but go ahead get applications in. They are in there final stage accreditation then can interview students. The cool thing about them is Dr. Andrews covers sports medicine for auburn athletics and the school is going to focus primarily on sports medicine. They have partnered with Andrews and will have rotations there for sports medicine. They also going have a sports medicine residency.
Any idea if I can apply without a DO letter?
They said I can with a MD letter but must get a DO letter before matriculation. 30 days after getting accepted.
Do they provide any help getting the DO LOR???
They said I can with a MD letter but must get a DO letter before matriculation. 30 days after getting accepted.
Do they provide any help getting the DO LOR???
Wow, three months seems excessive to wait for a secondary...
I think that happened last year too I would waitI got the email on July 9th that my application is scheduled to be reviewed to determine whether I should get a secondary...I haven't heard from them since, though they did say it can take up to 3 months. But still, should I call them or continue to wait?
I got the email on July 9th that my application is scheduled to be reviewed to determine whether I should get a secondary...I haven't heard from them since, though they did say it can take up to 3 months. But still, should I call them or continue to wait?
I received the same e-mail, and have not heard anything yet either. I wouldn't be too worried since it mentioned possibly taking up to 3 months.
Finally got a complete email this afternoon…. let's hope we all start to see some movement!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
VCOM just called me but I'm at work and I missed it! In the complete email it says they give out IIs by phone - did anyone else get a call?
Did you apply early decision or regular decision??VCOM just called me but I'm at work and I missed it! In the complete email it says they give out IIs by phone - did anyone else get a call?
Regular decision.Did you apply early decision or regular decision??
Call them back! The suspense is killing me!Regular decision.
Kidding.
Maybe.
Edit: I've had time to think about it. I'm definitely not kidding.
Last edited:
It was an interview invite! Complete email received 8/7, 3.7c,3.5s, 31.Call them back! The suspense is killing me!
Kidding.
Maybe.
Edit: I've had time to think about it. I'm definitely not kidding.
Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm OOS and don't live in the region, given their regional preference.
Well then... I won't wait by the phoneIt was an interview invite! Complete email received 8/7, 3.7c,3.5s, 31.
Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm OOS and don't live in the region, given their regional preference.

received the secondary invite today!
Congrats! Question though, when were you verified and got the "application is under review...may take up to 3 months..." email? I'm still waiting for their decision and its been almost 1.5 months now..
I was verified on Aug 1st, 1st email Aug 7th and received secondary today! hope that helpsCongrats! Question though, when were you verified and got the "application is under review...may take up to 3 months..." email? I'm still waiting for their decision and its been almost 1.5 months now..
I think I applied to the VA campus.....didn't realize that 😏I was verified on Aug 1st, 1st email Aug 7th and received secondary today! hope that helps
Last edited:
I got a little over a week ago, congrats!! Question - after you got the phone call, did they send you an email with details? I haven't gotten one yet.I just got an interview invite yesterday for the carolinas campus on 9/4! Anyone else get a call
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, I'll call them. Thanks!!Thanks! Yeah within one hour I received an email with a confirmation of my date and time also travel stuff and a link to fill out a survey. You might want to call the admissions office they are super nice and will def help you out.
Hey everyone,
I am a current first year at VCOM! It is an amazing school with awesome faculty and students. If you have any questions feel free to message me or post on the forum. I will be checking the forum every week or so. Hope you guys are excited and ready for interviews and medical school!! GOOD LUCK!!
I am a current first year at VCOM! It is an amazing school with awesome faculty and students. If you have any questions feel free to message me or post on the forum. I will be checking the forum every week or so. Hope you guys are excited and ready for interviews and medical school!! GOOD LUCK!!
Just got back from interviews. Apparently yesterday (9/4/14) was their first interview date. They were 3 interviews: 2 faculty and 1 from an OMS2 student. They're super laid back. It seemed like they were actively trying to make you feel comfortable and welcome there. Very pleasant experience.
Hello everyone, current first year here. PM me any questions you have and I'll do my best to answer them. Good luck in this cycle regardless and hope to see some of you during interviews although, you won't know it's me hehe.
Interview invite yesterday!!
I would appreciate any info on the classes here and clinical rotations from any current students. I am alittle worried about the hospital rotations with D.O. (i.e. having to move place to place every 3 months). I am a non-trad and do have a family, so if anyone could tell I would appreciate.
I am a current first year, who was a married, non-traditional applicant. I had been out of school for 2 years before applying here. PM about questions you have on classes. As far as rotations VCOM has you in the same area for your 3rd year and your 4th year you will have a "base location" but 4 or so of your rotations are audition rotations. From how I understand it, if you have children that are in school here you get first priority when it comes to clinical year rotation sites. CC sites located here http://www.vcom.edu/clinical/hospitals_sc.html
Also, to everyone thinking about VCOM-CC. When talking with most of my classmates it was the interview day that sold them on coming to Spartanburg. I can attest to this. This school prides itself on being welcoming and a family. The inaugural class, which are the current 4th years, set up an atmosphere of leaving no man behind. Of course there are always the gunners, but for the most part we all try and help each other out. When someone makes a study guide...they share it. When someone makes an outline or practice questions...they share them. We want to be the best doctors possible and want to help our classmates through the process as well. When I explained this to someone who had gone through a doctorate program in the medical field at another school they looked at me so strange and couldn't believe it. THAT is why I chose this school.
The faculty and staff are amazing and continually are trying to find ways to make our 4 years (especially first 2) more enjoyable. Spartanburg is a great place to be. For a southerner I absolutely love it's location. 3 hours from Charleston, 2.5 from Knoxville, 3 hours from Atlanta, 1.5 hours from skiing, 1 hour from Asheville, 30 minutes from Greenville, 2 hours from Athens. It is a perfect spot to be and I hope that most of you that come to interview here will find it to be perfect for you. Sorry for the long post but this will probably be my only one but I encourage any of you to PM if you have any questions (whatever they may be). I won't check this that often but if you PM me, that will send me an email and I can respond better.
Best of luck!
Awesome, congrats! when did you interview? Were you early decision? I'm trying to figure out how long after my interview I can expect a decision 🙂Accepted!!!
Accepted!!!
Accepted as well! When did you interview?
9/4Accepted as well! When did you interview?
First post...I received my acceptance notice yesterday afternoon...interviewed on 9/10, pretty quick turnaround!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Are you in state? and when were you complete?First post...I received my acceptance notice yesterday afternoon...interviewed on 9/10, pretty quick turnaround!
Congrats! Are you in state? and when were you complete?
Thanks! I'm not in-state. I had everything complete by Aug. 30th
No, I only received one for Carolinas campus so farDid you guys get separate complete emails from all the VCOM campuses?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 56
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 137
- Views
- 40K
- Replies
- 61
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 10K