EE in Canada???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brusslee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello ppl , anyone here studying for the EE in Canada ? :)

I'm planning on coming to Toronto in January.
For now I have the Kaplan text book and dental decks 2001.(from my last trip to Canada)
Started to study from DD but I have a feeling it is best to put more emphases on Kaplan and do the DD in the future!?!
Or should I start with DD and see what is asked and then look it up in the text books (Kaplan).
I was planning on enrolling to Kaplan 3 months program when a get there ?
Did anyone do this program (3 months or 6 month)? :confused:
Can some one share from there personal experience?

Thanks for info and suggestions :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

brusslee said:
Hello ppl , anyone here studying for the EE in Canada ? :)

I'm planning on coming to Toronto in January.
For now I have the Kaplan text book and dental decks 2001.(from my last trip to Canada)
Started to study from DD but I have a feeling it is best to put more emphases on Kaplan and do the DD in the future!?!
Or should I start with DD and see what is asked and then look it up in the text books (Kaplan).
I was planning on enrolling to Kaplan 3 months program when a get there ?
Did anyone do this program (3 months or 6 month)? :confused:
Can some one share from there personal experience?

Thanks for info and suggestions :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
which book do you have from kaplan - part 1 or part 2 ? i think that part 2 is too small and insufficient. dental decks are better. if you could find part 1 book and study from there phisiology it would be useful for you, since a lot questions in EE come from there. released exams from part 2 ndbe, are also useful,so if you don`t have them , when you start your kaplan course do them at least twise and make notes to that stuff which you`ll find interesting. i took kaplans` 6 months course,and it was long enough to gather all info which i needed.

Hi thanks for the great info! I have to say that I my self think the best thing is to get into a kind of program like the course at Kaplan's .
But a lot of ppl here don?t think the same as us! How would u describe the course?
do you think that it helped you get a better mark then if you would have studied by your self at home?
Did all you use for EE are DD 2001 and Kaplan for Physiology?
What about biochemistry and microbiology dental anatomy?

SORRY :) FOR ALL THE QEUTTIONS you know how it is when you're at the start of things!

By the way if you don?t mind me asking what was your score in EE? :scared:
Thanks again I really appreciate all the info and thought that you share, one day I hope to be on that side too!!!!! :rolleyes:

brusslee said:
Hi thanks for the great info! I have to say that I my self think the best thing is to get into a kind of program like the course at Kaplan's .
But a lot of ppl here don?t think the same as us! How would u describe the course?
do you think that it helped you get a better mark then if you would have studied by your self at home?
Did all you use for EE are DD 2001 and Kaplan for Physiology?
What about biochemistry and microbiology dental anatomy?

SORRY :) FOR ALL THE QEUTTIONS you know how it is when you're at the start of things!

By the way if you don?t mind me asking what was your score in EE? :scared:
Thanks again I really appreciate all the info and thought that you share, one day I hope to be on that side too!!!!! :rolleyes:
well, you can prepare yourself at home too. a lot of people do it,and score very good marks. kaplan helped me with its tests, i don`t have released exams ,and also kaplan have own tests. and there were other dentists with who we discused a lot of questions - for example - where to apply, how to do it, and all that info. i was on EE two weeks ago,so my results are not ready yet. on this EE exam, i didn`t find any questions from microbiology, biochemistry, and dental anatomy. well, there were few questions from general anatomy i believe, and let`s say few from dental anatomy , but nothing special. this questions which were from phisiology, came mainly form hormonal topic and diseases which these hormonal disturbances evoke. i don`t know did it help me going to Kaplan for EE , but for part 1 NBDE it helped me.