Effectively and Efficiently Studying Lecture Slides?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I begin medical school in the near future and was able to acquire the lecture notes. I am attempting to study them at the current moment. Does anyone know of any methods to utilize to study lecture slides most effectively. I sometimes use a program called Anki which allows you to create flashcards that you can review as frequently as you like.

Any input on tips that I could implement to better study lecture slides would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Lecture slides tend to be condensed and succinct; which usually mea
PHP:
ns everything/most things are important aka should be memorized, understood etc.. Clearly u r not studying for an exam so I would just focus on big picture, conceptual stuff ... assuming u have nothing better to do in ur final days as a free man/woman....

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously?

Listen, we all know you want to "do something" before school starts, because we're all hyper Type-A personalities like yourself. But heed my advice: don't touch a single book related to medical school. You won't have a clue what you need to study, and it won't help a single bit.

My example:
We have anatomy block at the very beginning of our first year at my school. We learn the entire human body in 9 weeks. Somatic body (back, upper and lower limbs) in the first 3 weeks, visceral body (thorax, abdomen and pelvis) in the second 3 weeks and then the head and neck in the final three weeks. Talk about kicking your butt into high gear from day one. We didn't have any time worry about getting acclimated to medical school. We just HAD to. And you will, too.

In the meantime, please go outside or take a trip or spend time with your family. But heaven forbid, don't study. You'll thank yourself later.

I begin medical school in the near future and was able to acquire the lecture notes. I am attempting to study them at the current moment. Does anyone know of any methods to utilize to study lecture slides most effectively. I sometimes use a program called Anki which allows you to create flashcards that you can review as frequently as you like.

Any input on tips that I could implement to better study lecture slides would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Useless unless you are taking the class. Your time is better spent working and collecting a pile of money so that you have living expenses on that island. You have no context in which to place the outline info of the slides.