Effects of delayed ERAS tokens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patient

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if there is any effect in getting the ERAS token late. I know osteopathic students can submit their apps from the 15th of july. My school has no plans to release the tokens any time soon and I am curious if this is a common practice in all osteo schools. Does anyone has an idea if this would be of any consequence if applying to competitive programs like Derm or ENT. I am applying for Derm and worried that my stuff will not be present on time and I may not get enough interviews.
Are there any other schools that release tokens late or this is new.

I would be glad with any inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

patient said:
I would like to know if there is any effect in getting the ERAS token late. I know osteopathic students can submit their apps from the 15th of july. My school has no plans to release the tokens any time soon and I am curious if this is a common practice in all osteo schools. Does anyone has an idea if this would be of any consequence if applying to competitive programs like Derm or ENT. I am applying for Derm and worried that my stuff will not be present on time and I may not get enough interviews.
Are there any other schools that release tokens late or this is new.

I would be glad with any inputs.

The release of tokens at osteopathic schools July 15 is for applying specifically for the osteopathic rotating internship year. We cannot apply for allopathic residencies at that time.

LECOm got their tokens June 30th.

Doctortobee said:
LECOm got their tokens June 30th.

I got my token yesterday. Thanks for the input.

I still have some resentment against my school for the delay. I think that, at this point in medical school, no delays are to be made with anything that can affect a students chances of getting a residency, internship, linked or not whether traditional or transitional.

Getting my token on july 19 when others had theirs june 30th is completely unjustified taking into account the fact that no school would let you attend classes if your tuition was delayed by 19 days. It is wrong ...
I am thinking of calling the AOA to ask if tokens must be released at the same time in the osteopathic world..
Thanks.. Hope I get into Derm