EK 1001 answer sheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the EK 1001 answer sheets? I wanted to record my answers (and those answers crossed-out) on a separate worksheet, without writing in the original book.

How do you use your EK 1001 books?

Members don't see this ad.

You shouldn't be using the 1001 series for the new MCAT. I would definitely advise against it, you could be using your time on more High yield materials such as TBR. If it's not a passage, dont even waste your time on it.

You shouldn't be using the 1001 series for the new MCAT. I would definitely advise against it, you could be using your time on more High yield materials such as TBR. If it's not a passage, dont even waste your time on it.
But TBR textbooks also was written for the old MCAT right? The 2013 version I was referring to. Were you referring to some new resources that TBR released?

But TBR textbooks also was written for the old MCAT right? The 2013 version I was referring to. Were you referring to some new resources that TBR released?
Yes, i was referring to their new version. And the EK 1001 series is no longer viable for the new MCAT. just my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, i was referring to their new version. And the EK 1001 series is no longer viable for the new MCAT. just my opinion.
Could you elaborate how to practice with TBR? I never had TBR books and I wonder the pro/con they have. Do they have lots of practice after every chapter?
There was no used TBR new version floating around, and the new one costs a fortune ($350 w/o shipping).

Could you elaborate how to practice with TBR? I never had TBR books and I wonder the pro/con they have. Do they have lots of practice after every chapter?
There was no used TBR new version floating around, and the new one costs a fortune ($350 w/o shipping).
And yes, they do! Just get C/P and OChem, used EK 101 (not 1001) for bio.

The EK 1001 books are good to get the "basic" skills down like dimensional analysis etc. And simple questions like what's a vector.

I wouldn't use that for your entire studying though. The new EK 101 books are great, but soooo difficult. If you can't get TBR, I would check out EK 101 books written for the new MCAT. You can find them on amazon. I noticed significant increase in my practice after using those books.

The EK 1001 books are good to get the "basic" skills down like dimensional analysis etc. And simple questions like what's a vector.

I wouldn't use that for your entire studying though. The new EK 101 books are great, but soooo difficult. If you can't get TBR, I would check out EK 101 books written for the new MCAT. You can find them on amazon. I noticed significant increase in my practice after using those books.

I went through the first few pages of the EK 1001 questions book, and I agree with you, those are more focused on the "basic" skills.

Not to claim that I grasped the "basic" skills well, but I would rather practice more with MCAT-style discrete Qs, instead of "what's a vector?" which I know the MCAT would never ask that directly.

Does the 1001 questions get harder toward later pages?

Examkrackers now has the 101 Series for the CURRENT MCAT - 101 Passages (and questions) in each of the subjects.
1001 Series is written for the OLD MCAT.

Examkrackers now has the 101 Series for the CURRENT MCAT - 101 Passages (and questions) in each of the subjects.
Are there any differences between the old and new 101 Series? Different passages/questions? If so, would you recommend doing both versions?

@Southeast EK I'm finding errors in answer choices and certain explanations in your current 101 series. Who can I speak to regarding this situation??

Reactions: 1 user
When using any Examkrackers Text - please visit our website to determine if there is any KNOWN errata in the book.
You can find the forum thread here: http://examkrackers.com/MCAT/Forum/Forum.aspx?f=155

The truth of the matter is that all textbooks have errata, but Examkrackes takes the time to make sure that we make it public knowledge to students when we know there is an issue.
If you feel as though you have found errata that is NOT listed on the forum, please email [email protected] with your concern.

Are there any differences between the old and new 101 Series? Different passages/questions? If so, would you recommend doing both versions?
There are major differences in the old 1001 series and the new 101 series. Mainly the way the questions are written and presented.

The New 101 Series should be used for actual MCAT Prep if needed. If you are using the EK Study Manuals/Guides for the MCAT then the 101 series should be used as the supplimental study only for the areas that you are struggling with.

The old 1001 series should really, at this point, only be used for content review. So if you are struggling with a science, and need to just work on the concept knowledge, these would help. However, the questions are written in the style of the OLD MCAT so they will not be a strong aid in actual MCAT Prep, just content Prep.