EK Home Study Schedule Link

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tank you

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people on here looking for the EK Home Study Schedule.

Here It Is

You're Welcome. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about thanking me since I'm the one who's hosting it? :D

Theres a thread on here, as well as the one on examkrackers, that I started so people could get it.

bgreet said:
How about thanking me since I'm the one who's hosting it? :D

Theres a thread on here, as well as the one on examkrackers, that I started so people could get it.

lol, yea thanx.
u rock dude! (feel better?)
:laugh:

hey any of you guys know as to how EK audio Osmosis is comparable to their review books? Are they the same thing, basically?

Perhaps this is a naive question..but in the EK home study schedule, first thing is to take a full length MCAT test (VI from AAMC). Do they assume that the student already knows everything and reviewed everything at least once before starting their home study program?

Or are they trying to give us a real taste of the MCAT? I would like to follow this study schedule..but there are few topics in biology I need to study and also I took physics many years ago, I need to review those as well.

If I take AAMC MCAT test now, I will get the lowest score in the history of MCAT takers.

Would love to hear comments, especially from people who followed EK home study schedule..

Thanks,
shahab

The purpose of starting with a full mcat right in the beginning is two fold. The first reason is to provide as an indicator of your initial standing, prior to studying, and to gauge your progress along the way. The second reasoning is to give you a taste of what you are studying for. The best way for you to adapt your studying habits to best suit you for the test is to actually be exposed to a real test.

bgreet said:
The purpose of starting with a full mcat right in the beginning is two fold. The first reason is to provide as an indicator of your initial standing, prior to studying, and to gauge your progress along the way. The second reasoning is to give you a taste of what you are studying for. The best way for you to adapt your studying habits to best suit you for the test is to actually be exposed to a real test.

You make a good point but I disagree with you a little. Shahab said that he/she had not seen some of the material in a while. A diagnostic is good for people that have recently seen the material. A person who has not had the classes in a while or has been out of school for a while is probably at a disadvantage. This person will probably need to do a quick review at least before taking a full length test. You can gauge your progress after you review and take your first test.

Why would you take a test if you know you are going to bomb it? That does nothing but lower your confidence.

Just my opinion.

I completely agree with you. If I take the aamc test now, I will do horribly bad and it will lower my confidence. So, I have decided after my final exam (dec. 9th), I will put 25 to 30 hours per week and review materials, then take a full test as soon as I feel that I have covered everything at least once. Instead, I might do the kaplan topical tests as I go along.

BTW, shahab (me) is a 'he'.

---------
S.

BSChemE said:
You make a good point but I disagree with you a little. Shahab said that he/she had not seen some of the material in a while. A diagnostic is good for people that have recently seen the material. A person who has not had the classes in a while or has been out of school for a while is probably at a disadvantage. This person will probably need to do a quick review at least before taking a full length test. You can gauge your progress after you review and take your first test.

Why would you take a test if you know you are going to bomb it? That does nothing but lower your confidence.

Just my opinion.

shahab said:
I completely agree with you. If I take the aamc test now, I will do horribly bad and it will lower my confidence. So, I have decided after my final exam (dec. 9th), I will put 25 to 30 hours per week and review materials, then take a full test as soon as I feel that I have covered everything at least once. Instead, I might do the kaplan topical tests as I go along.

Shahab, I have to almost completely reteach myself some subjects (I've taken the MCAT twice, and bombed both), so I'm going to start studying after Thanksgiving. I think this study schedule is great, but I want to at least have the basics down before waiting a mere 10 weeks before the exam to study. I do agree with the diagnostic value of taking a practice exam early though. You might be surprised what you remember and what you've forgotten. It can help you not waste time studying unnecessary things, and focusing on what you're really weak on. Best of luck. :luck:

And thanks jtank! This is really helpful. Quick question though . . . where it says "take a mini-MCAT" is that the 30 min tests at the end of each chapter? Anyone can answer that question, by the way! :p

priyanka said:
hey any of you guys know as to how EK audio Osmosis is comparable to their review books? Are they the same thing, basically?

I used the audio osmosis cd's last year. They are pretty much the same as the review books, but are helpful if you spend time driving around in your car, etc.. The books are nice because they contain a lot of questions that you can review, offer pictures, etc. The CD's are nice b/c they offer an alternate way to review the information.

edit: Didn't realize that I was responding to a person who posted almost a month ago. Oh well - maybe someone else could use the info!

Thanks for the site...

Btw, I was gonna get the Audio osmosis tape but it's soo expensive. Screw that. I'm sticking to the EK books.

Khenon said:
Shahab, I have to almost completely reteach myself some subjects (I've taken the MCAT twice, and bombed both), so I'm going to start studying after Thanksgiving. I think this study schedule is great, but I want to at least have the basics down before waiting a mere 10 weeks before the exam to study. I do agree with the diagnostic value of taking a practice exam early though. You might be surprised what you remember and what you've forgotten. It can help you not waste time studying unnecessary things, and focusing on what you're really weak on. Best of luck. :luck:

And thanks jtank! This is really helpful. Quick question though . . . where it says "take a mini-MCAT" is that the 30 min tests at the end of each chapter? Anyone can answer that question, by the way! :p

Mini Mcat was an item they were going to give out this past august administration to those taking the course, but I don't think it ever happened.

evajaclynn said:
I used the audio osmosis cd's last year. They are pretty much the same as the review books, but are helpful if you spend time driving around in your car, etc.. The books are nice because they contain a lot of questions that you can review, offer pictures, etc. The CD's are nice b/c they offer an alternate way to review the information.

edit: Didn't realize that I was responding to a person who posted almost a month ago. Oh well - maybe someone else could use the info!

thanks, I got the message :)

bgreet said:
Mini Mcat was an item they were going to give out this past august administration to those taking the course, but I don't think it ever happened.

I did a little more searching on EK's website and found a book they sell called "mini-MCATs." I'm assuming that's what they must be talking about in the home schedule. Anyway, I bought it . . . there's another $55 down the drain. This better all be worth it!