1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

EK test 1

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Biffer, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Biffer

Biffer The good times doc
    10+ Year Member

hey,
    I just finished the EK simulated MCAT 1 and thought it was decent-but maybe a tad harder than the AAMCs that I've already taken.. The verbal seemed right on--but some physics passages surprised me. Maybe I am just pissed because I didn't score as well as I have been doing on AAMC material..
    what do the rest think-and how is 2d?

later,
    biffer

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I just did 2D... thought it was somewhat tricky... I scored lower than I wished also... any others out there take this test?

4. Mr. Z

Mr. Z Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I took 1d and scored substantially lower than I have on the AAMC exams. Though, I did take it quite a few weeks ago, and I'm comparing to aamc's which i've taken in the past two weeks.

5. Biffer

10+ Year Member

yeah-I should have waited to take the AAMC exams!! I splurged and took most of them nearly a month ago and did alright for where I was in my studying. Now I have very little to go by-I think EK is decent but I am a bit wary of the results. Hopefully I will see a nice little jump on aug 17.

best,
    biffer

6. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child
    10+ Year Member

I took 1d today and got a 7 in the verbal (32 wrong! very unusual for me).

I thought the passages were all of moderate difficulty, but the questions were above average difficulty. A lot of interpretation was required, and many correct answers had ambiguous connection with the passages.

Can anyone comment on this?

7. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I took 2D today. Very disappointed by my PS score. went down two from AAMC practice test 5. My VR went down 1 and my BS stayed the same. Was it just me or was the PS VERY conceptual and tricky. I don't think I did many calculations at all. I'm not too worried though since the AAMC tests are the best indicators.

Another thing, I'm really disappointed by the explanations, they really don't do it for me.

8. Biffer

10+ Year Member

solid- I definitley agree, on 1d there were more than a few problems that seemed to require some excessive 'tweeking' of basic knowledge. I think some of the explanations are crap as they don't include reasons for why other choices were incorrect.