Ek

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greenlady05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take the EK course did anyone take this course or know anyone that took this course. Is it a good investment. Also are the testeasymcat.com CBT close to mcat problems

Members don't see this ad.

Don't take the class - go out and buy the ExamKrackers Complete Study Package, MCAT Audio Osmosis, ExamKrackers 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning, and the AAMC 3R - 9 practice tests. Spend the money you have left over on a guitar and learn to play Jack Johnson - you'll thank me, girls like it. =]

---

I didn't realize you were a girl. LOL

If you're DEDICATED, just buy the EK complete study package, EK Audio Osmosis, EK Verbal 101, EK Bio 1001, and all the AAMC exams. Maybe the big Kaplan book as a backup.

Even if you haven't traditionally been super motivated/organized in your undergrad classes, if you're motivated enough here, you should be able to create/stick to a solid schedule. Find the EK 10 week study program and go from there. You can tailor it slightly to fit your own schedule, but it's a great setup. I've always received good grades in school but have always had issues with self motivation and organization; however, for the MCAT, I knew my life practically depended on my score (not really, but it feels like it....) so I made the sacrifices and put my plan into action. For several months I lived, breathed, and slept MCAT (on top of other undergrad courses).

I ended up with a very satisfying score, and several points higher than I would've expected 6 months before I took the real thing.

If you've got the time/money, it couldn't hurt to do the class. But if you're not made of money, the above materials may be all you need.

By the way, EK Audio Osmosis is great not only for drilling concepts into your brain for the MCAT, but also very helpful for your undergrad pre-req's. I first got them right when I was beginning to take Physics I, and listening to them on the way to and from classes and such helped me get a better understanding of the fundamental (and some more obscure) ideas of the course, which I certainly think helped me ace the class. My professor was, on several occasions, impressed with my ability to think critically about certain topics and answer some "difficult" questions of his in lecture. The only reason I could even begin to do this was from hearing about the stuff on EK AO. But, I digress.

Don't take the course and get the EK study materials and the extra practice books if you can. EK 1001 for all subjects and EK 101 verbal helped a lot for me. Instead of taking the course, if I had to do it over again, I would have bought the Kaplan online (so you get your hands on all their FL practice tests and topicals) and EK materials~~ which add up to less than taking a classroom course.

I did the Kaplan classroom and bought all the EK, so ended up wasting some money.