Electives Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

neilc

just thought i would post this for everyone..i have read a lot of posts asking about electives abroad, and i would highly reccomend it! i am studying abroad, and my school is really starting to encourage students from abroad to visit. i think it is a great experience to see a different view of medicine/doctors as well as an opportunity to see some different pathology. one great thing about it is that students in most parts of the world (not the US!!) are regarded as students and not scut monkeys. so, you may get to slow the pace a bit and have a mini-vacation at the same time as a rotation. anyhow, if you are interested in coming to prague for a rotation or two, send me an email. i am on the academic senate, and will try to sort you out! good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

"scut monkeys"- good one. I love it.

Homer J

Then you'll really like the pocket-sized survival manual for the wards entitled "The Original Scut Monkey." Like the Washington Manual, sorta, but hey, it has a picture of a monkey in scrubs on it....