Electives to help with rheumatology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr_Kat_Lady

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking into rheumatology but some places I want to apply for don't offer rheum electives to IMGs.

What can I choose that will still help me match in rheum? Choices are things like Hematology/Oncology, Dermatology, Nephrology, Endocrinolgy, Radiology, psych....
 
I'm looking into rheumatology but some places I want to apply for don't offer rheum electives to IMGs.

What can I choose that will still help me match in rheum? Choices are things like Hematology/Oncology, Dermatology, Nephrology, Endocrinolgy, Radiology, psych....

Those are all great choices but I also want to recommend Orthopedics. They do injections in clinic for patients with joint pain and that would be a good procedure to view and possibly perform.