- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties
- Cardiology
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Electrophysiology Fellowship 2024
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is the list of the non-participating (likely filled internally) programs in the Match 2023-2024 for Cardiac Electrophysiology:
| Baylor College of Medicine/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital Program | Not participating |
| Baylor University Medical Center | Not participating |
| Dartmouth-Hitchcock/memorial hospital program | Not participating |
| Henry Ford | Not participating |
| Louisiana State University | Not participating |
| Penn State (Hershey) | Not participating |
| Rutgers Health | Not participating |
| Stony Brook Medicine | Not participating |
| Metrohealth/case western | Not participating |
| Umass (Baystate Program) | Not participating |
| Unviersity of Arizon (Tucson) | Not participating |
| University of Colorado | Not participating |
| University of Florida | Not participating |
| University of Lousiville | Not participating |
| UMKC | Not participating |
| Univesity of Nebraska | Not participating |
| University of north carolina | Not participating |
| University of Oklahoma | Not participating |
| University of South Florida | Not participating |
| Virginia Commonwealth University | Not participating |
| Wake Forest University | Not participating |
Thanks for sharing!Here is the list of the non-participating (likely filled internally) programs in the Match 2023-2024 for Cardiac Electrophysiology:
Baylor College of Medicine/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital Program Not participating Baylor University Medical Center Not participating Dartmouth-Hitchcock/memorial hospital program Not participating Henry Ford Not participating Louisiana State University Not participating Penn State (Hershey) Not participating Rutgers Health Not participating Stony Brook Medicine Not participating Metrohealth/case western Not participating Umass (Baystate Program) Not participating Unviersity of Arizon (Tucson) Not participating University of Colorado Not participating University of Florida Not participating University of Lousiville Not participating UMKC Not participating Univesity of Nebraska Not participating University of north carolina Not participating University of Oklahoma Not participating University of South Florida Not participating Virginia Commonwealth University Not participating Wake Forest University Not participating
U of Minnesota filling internally as wellHere is the list of the non-participating (likely filled internally) programs in the Match 2023-2024 for Cardiac Electrophysiology:
Baylor College of Medicine/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital Program Not participating Baylor University Medical Center Not participating Dartmouth-Hitchcock/memorial hospital program Not participating Henry Ford Not participating Louisiana State University Not participating Penn State (Hershey) Not participating Rutgers Health Not participating Stony Brook Medicine Not participating Metrohealth/case western Not participating Umass (Baystate Program) Not participating Unviersity of Arizon (Tucson) Not participating University of Colorado Not participating University of Florida Not participating University of Lousiville Not participating UMKC Not participating Univesity of Nebraska Not participating University of north carolina Not participating University of Oklahoma Not participating University of South Florida Not participating Virginia Commonwealth University Not participating Wake Forest University Not participating
Is it possible to be added to whatsapp group? I DM’d you.
thank you
thank you
slaytrial fibrillation
New Member
I've been creeping on the ERAS for a couple months now and the available programs had gone down to about 83 at a nadir, back up to 92 now. maybe some internal applicants changed their minds? I guess we'll see what the trend does between now and July 19th.
anyway, glad to see a new thread up for this application year. can't wait til apps go in and interviews start coming! good luck guys!
anyway, glad to see a new thread up for this application year. can't wait til apps go in and interviews start coming! good luck guys!
PM'd you!
D
deleted756302
Messaging you. Thank you🙂Hello all! Since ERAS has opened, I decided to create a WhatsApp group for this year’s applicants. Send me your number if you’d like to be added!
Nope. Seems like last year end of the month we’re the first invites and even that was fairly sparse (per student Doctor forums).
slaytrial fibrillation
New Member
I'm getting a bit antsy myself. I heard first week of August/late this week some should trickle in. but it doesn't stop me from checking, my email, spam, and eras 10 times per day.
So I am assuming everyone got the Iowa email. Did anybody hear back or get an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
slaytrial fibrillation
New Member
yeah, that whole thing was sort of bizarre and confusing. does anyone know if they have done this before? was this just like a weed out thing, just to see who was interested enough to reply? it was a bit off putting to be frank. I emailed the contact they listed, but no I have not had a reply back to answer your question.So I am assuming everyone got the Iowa email. Did anybody hear back or get an interview?
My impression is it’s a weed-out. There’s some further discussion in the WhatsApp group if you want to join!
Hey there, would love to join. PM’d you. ThanksMy impression is it’s a weed-out. There’s some further discussion in the WhatsApp group if you want to join!
slaytrial fibrillation
New Member
7/30- University of Texas at Austin
7/30- University of Texas at Austin
7/31 - University of Vermont
7/31 - University of Vermont
beasteast92
New Member
Hey could I join the WhatsApp group??
cardiology1212
New Member
Can you add me to WhatsApp?
What’s your number to add you?
Anyone have opinions regarding University of Maryland vs. Mount Sinai Morningside?
Need a tiebreaker. Which one wins/loses? Why?
Need a tiebreaker. Which one wins/loses? Why?
I interviewed at the University of Maryland and was not impressed! Particularly referring to their didactics. But hey - I didn't go further to collect any collateral infaromation.Anyone have opinions regarding University of Maryland vs. Mount Sinai Morningside?
Need a tiebreaker. Which one wins/loses? Why?
BU and Jeff are low-volume places surrounded by bigger names that suck up the volume. They’re both also somewhat dysfunctional.Hey guys. Any recommendations on ranking Boston University, Montefiore, Northwell and Jefferson?
Monte has DiBiase but I hear he uses people, not sure. Northwell I just know as busy from general cardiology interviews. Don’t know much about these two.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have an opinion on how would you guys rank any of these programs below:
UPenn
Vanderbilt
Mayo Clinic
Brigham & Women
UCSF
University of Michigan
Yale
Probably UCSF, Michigan, and Penn (in no particular order) followed by Mayo, Brigham, and Vanderbilt (again, no particular order). Yale last. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. If you have specific questions, I can answer more.
UMD is a low-volume, very slow place. Hopkins and even Union Memorial dominate in Baltimore. I don’t know about Mt Sinai Morningside.Anyone have opinions regarding University of Maryland vs. Mount Sinai Morningside?
Need a tiebreaker. Which one wins/loses? Why?
I know DiBiase personally. Great guy. He does make his fellows work their collective asses off during fellowship (clinically and academically, he expects a lot of publications out of you), but they end up being very well trained and many of them end up in very good positions after they complete their EP fellowship.BU and Jeff are low-volume places surrounded by bigger names that suck up the volume. They’re both also somewhat dysfunctional.
Monte has DiBiase but I hear he uses people, not sure. Northwell I just know as busy from general cardiology interviews. Don’t know much about these two.
PM sentHello all! Since ERAS has opened, I decided to create a WhatsApp group for this year’s applicants. Send me your number if you’d like to be added!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 61
- Views
- 16K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 2K