Eligibility period extension before sending Form 183

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goal270

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Could you please help me out a bit?
So I reserved the July-August-September slot for my exam. I am still to send the form 183 from my medical school. Is it possible to change my dates before sending the form so that I could send a new form with the updated time period on it?
I know you can extend the exam later with a 70$ fee. But I haven't exactly booked the slot yet I guess, so is it possible for me to change the dates without paying any fee?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have applied for an eligibility period of July-Aug-Sept? However, you have not booked an appointment yet with Prometric? I believe you have to pay the 70 dollar eligibility period extension fee. I was in the same situation, I never booked an official exam date but chose to extend my eligibility period and I had to pay.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have applied for an eligibility period of July-Aug-Sept? However, you have not booked an appointment yet with Prometric? I believe you have to pay the 70 dollar eligibility period extension fee. I was in the same situation, I never booked an official exam date but chose to extend my eligibility period and I had to pay.

No, I haven't sent the form 183 from my medical school yet. So I was wanting to change the dates written on form 183 before sending it, if I wouldn't have to pay the extension fee in that case.