eligibility period extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drake19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know how long it took for them to get back to you after you mailed the $65 check. From the time you mailed to the time they gave you a new permit. I sent in the mail last Tuesday and still have not received any news. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey does anyone know how long it took for them to get back to you after you mailed the $65 check. From the time you mailed to the time they gave you a new permit. I sent in the mail last Tuesday and still have not received any news. Thanks

I'll answer this question since nobody else did....
So I mailed a cheque for $65 by snail mail to extend my eligibility period by 3 months, it took about 1.5 weeks from the time I mailed the letter to the time I got a new scheduling number they DO NOT INFORM YOU (at least I didn't get any e-mail)...you just check on the NBME website and you get your new scheduling number to book an appointment at prometric. You also have to cancel your current prometric appointment and if you prometric appointment is in fewer than 30 days then you have to pay a hefty fee. Hope this helps anyone else with the same question

The form to extend eligibility period is on the NBME website when you login on the left hand side toolbar....i am a US student and the process is different if you are an IMG I believe...

Reactions: 1 user
I'll answer this question since nobody else did....
So I mailed a cheque for $65 by snail mail to extend my eligibility period by 3 months, it took about 1.5 weeks from the time I mailed the letter to the time I got a new scheduling number they DO NOT INFORM YOU.

Thank you! This was very helpful.