eligibility period

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajvanhar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there, im new to the usmle-1 .. i was going thru the usmle site .. n reading about the test schedule stuff.. its saying ...When applying for Step 1 or Step 2 CK, you must select a three-month period, such as January- February-March or February-March-April, during which you prefer to take the examination.
i din gt it.....that.... is this the only time period we had ,in a year??? to held this exam??:confused: or we can take this exam in any month of the year...whichever we like.
n can anyone please tell me ... is it good to join kaplan classes? or are they just ... waste of money.:shrug:
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

hey there, im new to the usmle-1 .. i was going thru the usmle site .. n reading about the test schedule stuff.. its saying ...When applying for Step 1 or Step 2 CK, you must select a three-month period, such as January- February-March or February-March-April, during which you prefer to take the examination.
i din gt it.....that.... is this the only time period we had ,in a year???
to held this exam??:confused: or we can take this exam in any month of the year...whichever we like.
n can anyone please tell me ... is it good to join kaplan classes? or are they just ... waste of money.:shrug:
thanks in advance

When registering, you have to select an "eligibility period" of three months duration. This eligibility period depends on what they have available. From what I remember, there were more choices available when I was making my choice (ie april-may-june, june-july-aug). Your eligibility period might be different if you are taking the exam in a country outside of the U.S. After this is done, you will have to submit a verification of ID form. When the form is received and processed by the NBME, you are officially registered for the examination, and you will then be contacted via email with instructions on how to choose the date in which you will be taking the exam within those three months specified in the eligibility period that was chosen by you initially.

Members don't see this ad :)
hai friends!
I am new to this community.I finished my 1 st year medicine.When should I write my step 1.can u ppl suggest me where to check for the syllabus,how to apply and more abou usmle.
hoping for a reply.thanku

What if your eligibility period expired after you paid the $50 for 3 months extension and you didn't schedule or confirm the test anyway? Would that count as an attempt, or you will just lose your money? I'm trying to find any info about this but I havent yet. In my opinion, you will just waste your money as you didnt take the exam, but what if you confirmed the day and you don't present or you canceled the test? Is there any info about this at any website? (usmle site?)