Email from LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I received an email from LECOM saying that I have not sent in my secondaries. They are right. The email went onto say that they would like to know if they can do anything to help out with the process and they would like to follow up by phone later in the week. I would suspect that this was just a mass email sent out to everyone that did not send in secondaries, but there were only about 12 email address on the top of it. Either that means only myself and about 11 other students didn't send in the secondary, or we have been select for some reason. Maybe they think I have a chance.

I didn't send the secondary because I received my MCAT scores and they were not very good and there is no way I would get in this year. I even talked to some people at DMU about it, they agreed that it would be a very long shot.

I emailed the sender back, but what do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously if they are bothering to send you the email...they must have an interest. I doubt only 12 people didn't turn in their secondaries if there were only 12 email addresses on that email you were sent.

On a side note...if you want to go to med school...don't give up!! I think you should send in your secondary to LECOM and give it a shot! They interview a lot of people and I don't even think their average incoming mcat is that high. They seem to care more about the well-rounded applicant and other things in addition to stats. So if you still really want to go to med school...you might as well try!

Good Luck!

I received the same exact email from LECOM, but I did send in my secondary. I really don't know what it means. Maybe they are short of quality apps, and designated those people that may have a chance at acceptance. I really don't know. I do know that there is more to being accepted to medical school than MCAT scores. Osteopathic schools look at the entire picture, not just numbers. My advice to you rpames is to send in your secondary, regardless of what you think. I know you may think that you do not have a chance, but you will never know unless you try.

Don't go by what other people say unless they are a member of an admissions committee. Good Luck in whatever you decide, things will work out for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
i did not receive that email, as far as I know. But I believe I only received my secondary last week.

How long have you been holding onto your application? I have a lot of work coming up and then finals.

I also received the email and have had the secondary since august. I just never told them I wouldn't be filling it out. I was surprised to see the email though, thinking b/c of numbers of apps they wouldn't even notice!

Sending my deposit in tomorrow... best $1500 I ever spent :)