Emailing adcoms about their SMP viewpoints

Started by tuftofwool
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tuftofwool

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking of emailing the schools I'm applying to before I've been verified and pre-secondaries about their general viewpoints on SMPs as record enhancers, and how my application will be viewed if I mention the program in my secondary. I don't plan on giving them a huge backstory and telling them why I need it; I just want to know if they have a history of waiting for fall semester SMP grades.

Is this a good idea? Would it hurt? Or, should I draft them up now and send them instead when I get a secondary from the school?
 
Great idea. I think how they view your application is based on your reasons for taking the SMP and your performance.