Emailing schools about interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chip Otle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any experience in contacting dental schools for interviews because youll be in the area for interviewing at nearby dental schools? It would save me alot of money and time since i do work full time right now. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, does anyone have any experience in contacting dental schools for interviews because youll be in the area for interviewing at nearby dental schools? It would save me alot of money and time since i do work full time right now. Thank you!
I reached out to a couple schools to see if they had any other dates available to try to make on trip to the coast. Unfortunately, the dates only got further apart. However, I think that schools understand how expensive this process is so asking for other dates shouldn't be detrimental.

Just in case, I suggest waiting for a second opinion.

P.s. Thanks for your breakdown! I remember your name from reading SDN while I was studying for the DAT

I reached out to a couple schools to see if they had any other dates available to try to make on trip to the coast. Unfortunately, the dates only got further apart. However, I think that schools understand how expensive this process is so asking for other dates shouldn't be detrimental.

Just in case, I suggest waiting for a second opinion.

P.s. Thanks for your breakdown! I remember your name from reading SDN while I was studying for the DAT
Ahh just to clarify. Emailing schools you haven't yet heard back from. And thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh just to clarify. Emailing schools you haven't yet heard back from. And thank you!

I wouldn't. Typically those letter of intents/interest should be saved for schools who haven't given you an interview by December 1st. The process is still too early to be doing that kind of thing