Emergency Medicine Class Matching in 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else get the following today from Res? At first I thought it was personalized but the second half makes me think they sent it to everyone who interviewed:

The faculty and residents at Resurrection enjoyed meeting you and consider you an excellent candidate. We are very impressed with your credentials and commitment to Emergency Medicine. With the qualities that you possess, you will be a great fit for our program, or any program you may match with.

We extend our best wishes to everyone who has passed through our doors this ERAS season.

Program Highlights:
*10 years running 100% Oral Boards Pass rate
*5 years running 100% Written Boards Pass rate
*100% of residents felt they had the opportunity to be competent Emergency Medicine Physicians
*Wealth of procedural opportunity
*Please take a look at our Residency Website at www.resurrectionem.com

We are also attaching a sample of our most current Program Contract for your review.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to the possibility of working with you. Best wishes for your future as an Emergency Physician.

Best regards,

Marc A. Dorfman, MD, FACEP Nicole Schneiderman, MD

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm officially at the point of double guessing my ROL and making daily changes :mad:

I'm feeling good about my ROL at this point. I ranked programs as I went along and have only made a couple of tweaks. At this point, I doubt there will be any more changes--just anxiously counting down to March 15th.

They really need to speed this process up, the last of the last interviews are like Feb 5th/6th? Fine, have ROLs due the 10th or 12th, then, since the algorithm effectively takes a little over 10 minutes to run, I don't think that a one week wait seems unreasonable. Boom, done by end of February.

They really need to speed this process up, the last of the last interviews are like Feb 5th/6th? Fine, have ROLs due the 10th or 12th, then, since the algorithm effectively takes a little over 10 minutes to run, I don't think that a one week wait seems unreasonable. Boom, done by end of February.

qft

I heard the algorithm runs very quickly but then gets checked "by hand" which is why it takes 3 weeks from ROL submission to match Monday.

I heard the algorithm runs very quickly but then gets checked "by hand" which is why it takes 3 weeks from ROL submission to match Monday.

On the job app they probably ask "would you like to make a grown man or women cry?".

Members don't see this ad :)

Bingo. This is why you wait. The alternative is an increased likelihood of you matching at a lower-ranked place by accident (or, higher-ranked, if you're lucky). This happened with the urology match a few years ago. Matches were later rescinded...Very ugly.

Bingo. This is why you wait. The alternative is an increased likelihood of you matching at a lower-ranked place by accident (or, higher-ranked, if you're lucky). This happened with the urology match a few years ago. Matches were later rescinded...Very ugly.

This also happened in the NRMP as well. Heard it from a PD.

I imagine the delay has more to do with the exercise in cat herding that is getting faculty together to form the program's rank list...

Was told by several PDs that they generally just take 2 - 3 hours to formulate their rank lists. Boom. Just like that.

Was told by several PDs that they generally just take 2 - 3 hours to formulate their rank lists. Boom. Just like that.

Faculty and adminstrations don't have that much riding on the match on a year-to-year basis. They don't uproot themselves like we do and go through this every year so I wouldn't be surprised if many of them could care less as long as they get competent people who fit in well.

Looking back, does everyone get a "we will rank you" email from Loma Linda? The email was sent like a week after the interview. I wonder if there are different versions of it.

gallery_pic_6604_67829.jpg

I don't want to quote the image (since it would make scrolling down the page 10 sec longer) Akail but thumbs up. How long have you been saving that image up to use? Nice work.

Urology match did have a glitch a few years back, which caused a few top programs to go unfilled. Ultimately everyone ended up matching in either the same place or somewhere higher on their list, as some moved into those top programs and everyone else was bumped up.

Still a total nightmare though, even if you ended up somewhere "better"

Urology match did have a glitch a few years back, which caused a few top programs to go unfilled. Ultimately everyone ended up matching in either the same place or somewhere higher on their list, as some moved into those top programs and everyone else was bumped up.

Still a total nightmare though, even if you ended up somewhere "better"

Not true. There were several FMGs that got spots, and they ended up with nothing (as you might guess). The people unmatched got their positions (as they should have). I am not anti-FMG (as I am one), but it did not occur as you state. With some somewhat arduous searching, you can find a good accounting here on SDN.

He was a cardiologist who likes to do CPR on beds inside the home of famous clients. Too bad all he needed was an ambu bag and a pulse ox.

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow is the deadline for the NRMP ranking list submission !! YAY -__-

I have a problem ! I can't make up my mind on which program to rank first ! I am torn between Gorge Washington University and University of Maryland. I feel that I have a good chance to match in both of them, but I am not sure which one one is a better program.

Let me walk you through my thought process:
1- I don't have a preference between 3 and 4 yrs programs.
2- I don't like Baltimore and I like the thought of living in DC.
3- I am not sure if GW is a strong program in term of academics, and academics is very important to me.

I would really appreciate it if you can help me in the decision making !

Good luck !

I have a problem ! I can't make up my mind on which program to rank first ! I am torn between Gorge Washington University and University of Maryland. I feel that I have a good chance to match in both of them, but I am not sure which one one is a better program.

I think most would agree that Maryland is by far the better-regarded program.

sounds like you want to go to GW and that you're hoping others will tell you to do it...I know nothing about either of these programs....follow your Gut!

Either way, in one or two years you'll most likely say wherever you're at is the best place for you.

Don't really know either program, but I'll share the two pieces of advice from an intern that have been most useful to me the past week:

1. Don't make any last minute changes. If one of the programs was at the top for a while and you're questioning it now, stick with your gut.

2. Pretend you open an envelope and read GW; do you wish it was UfoM or are you thrilled? Play the same thing out with UofM. Which one would leave you with fewer "what ifs"?

Good luck!

Actually, my heart is leaning towards UofM more than GW but I am not sure if I wants to live in Baltimore for the next 3 years. :)

Anyone else hear that programs know who matched before the applicant does?

Hey Guys,

Tomorrow is the deadline for the NRMP ranking list submission !! YAY -__-

Let me walk you through my thought process:
1- I don't have a preference between 3 and 4 yrs programs.
2- I don't like Baltimore and I like the thought of living in DC.
3- I am not sure if GW is a strong program in term of academics, and academics is very important to me.

Good luck !

Any clarity overnight? Who's it going to be?

Ya so I suck at posting pics on this forum...but could someone please post the '88 Jordan free throw line pic. Can't throw up photos of Money and not put this one up. Please.:)

Just out of curiosity, NRMP closes on the program side of things tonight at 9:00 also correct? Not that it matters, but honestly im just curious how it works for them.

Just out of curiosity, NRMP closes on the program side of things tonight at 9:00 also correct? Not that it matters, but honestly im just curious how it works for them.

good question - what is the date after which programs are not allowed to change their ranks?

If it is before March 14th, then why in the world does it take so long to get a match?

good question - what is the date after which programs are not allowed to change their ranks?

If it is before March 14th, then why in the world does it take so long to get a match?

Im pretty sure its the same as us...and from what i understand the computer runs through the algorithm a few times and then someone double checks it?

Im pretty sure its the same as us...and from what i understand the computer runs through the algorithm a few times and then someone double checks it?

But, basically.....we've essentially "matched" by 10 pm eastern then, correct?