Emergency Medicine Class Matching in 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really hope we find a different theme for 15. Bart Starr maybe?

lol dude, is every single one of your posts a gripe?

chill out . . . before you know it, you'll be on here ranting about medicaid and drug seekers like the rest of the jaded crew if you keep it up.

Members don't see this ad.

i am having an incredibly hard time focusing at all.. anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol dude, is every single one of your posts a gripe?

chill out . . . before you know it, you'll be on here ranting about medicaid and drug seekers like the rest of the jaded crew if you keep it up.

Haha, I just didnt want pictures of 15, 14 and 13 year olds getting posted. Didnt mean to insult anyone, sorry

And I'm not a Packer fan, Bart Starr was just the most famous 15 I could think of

Haha, I just didnt want pictures of 15, 14 and 13 year olds getting posted. Didnt mean to insult anyone, sorry

And I'm not a Packer fan, Bart Starr was just the most famous 15 I could think of

Reverse psychology, huh?

Vick, did you have to "Register" with your current neighborhood?

focusing on what exactly?

my school does a whole bunch of lectures on stuf you should be taught in med school but time isn't carved out for it until now.. financial planning, quality, patient safety, mental health etc.. i'm getting really good at the games on my cell phone

I cant focus for crap. I come home and play video games.

I sometimes struggle even to do this. (I mean I make it home just fine, but I can't even focus on the games.)

my school does a whole bunch of lectures on stuf you should be taught in med school but time isn't carved out for it until now.. financial planning, quality, patient safety, mental health etc.. i'm getting really good at the games on my cell phone

I'm doing the same thing at my school right now. I don't know how many games of solitaire I've played this week.

We do the same.

I see my classmates who aren't checked out and marvel at their perseverance. All two of them.

I don't know how anybody would be "checked-in". I'd feel bad about being such a bum and not really reading much medicine for months, or even being mentally here in the FP office, except everyone I know around me is in the same state.

Bright side is I've really become caught up on current events. Before the morning is over I've gone through at least 2-3 different news sites.

Members don't see this ad :)
tumblr_m95mg58Hna1r3kxbwo1_500.jpg

I hope everyone knows this. A few people in my class couldn't place it :(

711.jpg

I could not resist this countdown twofer. Sorry it's a little early for the non-east coasters.

It was my first CD so it holds a special place in my heart.

First CD was Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers. All the older kids on my block had it so I had to get it first. Mom took it away first day I had it. Scrounged enough to buy it again next weekend. She took that one away too. But third time......a charm! Still have that CD too!

CREAM is still arguably my favorite rap song to this day.

First CD was Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers. All the older kids on my block had it so I had to get it first. Mom took it away first day I had it. Scrounged enough to buy it again next weekend. She took that one away too. But third time......a charm! Still have that CD too!

CREAM is still arguably my favorite rap song to this day.

hahahaha.....I guess that determination is why you are where you are today, love it.

Live8Logo.jpg

I was actually at the one in New Jersey. Bon Jovi, Roger Waters, Alicia Keys live, amongst others. Melissa Ethridge went on a liberal rant for 30 minutes in the middle of the concert that was completely incoherent but other than that it was pretty cool.

Is anyone else having some freak-out moments? No way I should be up, but I can't stop thinking about Monday and what I'm going to do if I don't match.

Is anyone else having some freak-out moments? No way I should be up, but I can't stop thinking about Monday and what I'm going to do if I don't match.

You aren't alone. Just try to do whatever you can this weekend to not think about it. When I'm super stressed, my apartment becomes spotless. When I'm happy, the clothes pile up to the ceiling.

Anyone know, if one would have to scramble after the match, would an osteopathic traditional rotating internship year vs a (MD) medicine prelim year vs a regular transitional year make any difference on reapplying the following year?

Last edited:
Anyone know, if one would have to scramble after the match, would an osteopathic traditional rotating internship year vs a (MD) medicine prelim year vs a regular transitional year make any difference on reapplying the following year?

I doubt that the type of internship would make a big difference, although an osteopathic internship may put you at a disadvantage for applying to MD programs. I'd go to the program where you could work with EM residency faculty and get the most time in the ED.

pretty sure SDN has a 100% match rate based on teh clientele it attracts.

Dont worry.

Hang in there guys/gals! I'm sure you'll all end up at places you'll be extremely happy with!

Stay busy...or...arrange an individual "beer tour" with your local friendly bartender and enjoy!

Hang in there guys/gals! I'm sure you'll all end up at places you'll be extremely happy with!

Stay busy...or...arrange an individual "beer tour" with your local friendly bartender and enjoy!

Lots of good basketball on this weekend!

Ive been having mini-freak-out episodes as well. Monday will hopefully be a relief for everyone. Would be nice if they told us what specialty we matched into on monday. I'll have to wait a few more days to figure out if it is EM/IM or straight EM. But, either way, itll be a relief just to match.

Chillin at home after finishing radiology watching Apocalypse Now. I plan on drinking beer and playing video games all weekend to pass the time.

Ive been having mini-freak-out episodes as well. Monday will hopefully be a relief for everyone. Would be nice if they told us what specialty we matched into on monday. I'll have to wait a few more days to figure out if it is EM/IM or straight EM. But, either way, itll be a relief just to match.

Chillin at home after finishing radiology watching Apocalypse Now. I plan on drinking beer and playing video games all weekend to pass the time.

That sounds like a good time.

Charlie don't surf!!!...The dinks don't surf Lance!!!!

Redux version? One of the greatest movies of all time no question. When Kilgore is describing the smell of Napalm in the morning...that is how you need to feel about the match...."that smell...you know that gasoline smell?.....it smelled like.....victory."

match + you = napalm smell + morning --> Victory.

I plan on drinking beer and playing video games all weekend to pass the time.

Oh dear lord... Steam keeps crashing on me. Not now, of all times not now...

What are you trying to play. I am waiting for new Starcraft and sim city

I'm really hoping someone puts up a pic of "The Highlander" next Thursday for the little countdown. A 1 finger salute would also seem suitable for having to wait more than 3 weeks between list submission and match, but I imagine that would violate the terms of use for sdn......