Emergency! question about contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobesurgeon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I matched categorical surgical residency position but the contract did specify I'm in categorical tract. Did your contract address it clearly, say, categorical PGY-1? I'm worried they change me to prelim position. Will the contract specify prelim PGY-1 for prelim guys?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I matched categorical surgical residency position but the contract did specify I'm in categorical tract. Did your contract address it clearly, say, categorical PGY-1? I'm worried they change me to prelim position. Will the contract specify prelim PGY-1 for prelim guys?

Thank you

My contract (not for surgery but for IM and fellowship) said only that I was being appointed for one year at the PGY-X level. This is standard for prelim, categorical and advanced programs.

Chill.

Or, I don't know, maybe call your GME office and ask them.

My contract (not for surgery but for IM and fellowship) said only that I was being appointed for one year at the PGY-X level. This is standard for prelim, categorical and advanced programs.

Chill.

Or, I don't know, maybe call your GME office and ask them.

Thank you for your info. But how can they tell if someone in categorical or prelim tract? Only by NRMP match result?

Thanks

Closing (since you have cross posted this same thread in the Surgery Forum).

A word of advice...RELAX...they have NOT changed you from Categorical to Prelim. The only way you are a Prelim resident is if that's the program/track you applied for. All contracts are identical without specification of Prelim/Categorical, only the PGY changes (as noted above and in the Surgery forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.