Emory DPT 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredptt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE**** :)
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to start a thread for Emory's DPT application process this year since I haven't seen one yet. If anyone would like to share their stats that would be cool! I know from looking at last year's thread, people started getting invitations to interview during the mid of December, so around next week

Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA (PTCAS): 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85 (for Emory)
Last 60 credits: 3.79
GRE: Verbal: 150, Quantitative: 158, Writing: 4.5
Hours: 700+ multiple settings
Rec Letters: 2 from PTs, 1 from Professor, 1 from supervisor/co-director

Applied: UF, Emory, UCF, FIU
Interviews: UCF, Emory
Acceptances: UCF
Rejections: N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
University: College of Charleston
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.57
Pre-Req GPA: varies
GRE: 161 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW

Extra-Curric: Treasurer of PT/OT Club, employed all through college (including over a year at a local hospital and over a year at an outpatient PT clinic)

Volunteer: Fitcatz Aquatic and Motor Therapy Program for children with special needs

Schools Applying: Duke, Emory, MUSC, USC, Armstrong State, High Point, Western Carolina, Elon

Acceptances: none yet

Rejections: USC

Waitlist: Duke? ~they sent out a weirdly worded email saying my app was still under consideration~

Interviews: High Point on 10/27, Armstrong State on 12/8, WCU on 12/15

I just got an invite for an interview on 1/12 at Emory!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got an email today for an interview on 1/19!

***UPDATE**** :)
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to start a thread for Emory's DPT application process this year since I haven't seen one yet. If anyone would like to share their stats that would be cool! I know from looking at last year's thread, people started getting invitations to interview during the mid of December, so around next week

Undergrad: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology and Kinesiology
Overall GPA (PTCAS): 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85 (for Emory)
Last 60 credits: 3.79
GRE: Verbal: 150, Quantitative: 158, Writing: 4.5
Hours: 700+ multiple settings
Rec Letters: 2 from PTs, 1 from Professor, 1 from supervisor/co-director

Applied: UF, Emory, UCF, FIU
Interviews: UCF, Emory
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: N/A

Did they confirm your RSVP? I feel like I just sent a response into the ether...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone mind posting what the questions were from the supplemental application?

Does anyone from last year have any tips/insight for the interview at Emory?

Has anyone interviewed at Emory yet that can provide any insight/questions asked during the interview? Thank you!

Is anyone that is interviewing tomorrow worried about the weather? My friend from Atlanta texted me saying there was a lot of ice on the roads. Does anyone knows what happens if we decide not to go because of the weather?

Is anyone that is interviewing tomorrow worried about the weather? My friend from Atlanta texted me saying there was a lot of ice on the roads. Does anyone knows what happens if we decide not to go because of the weather?

I would email Ms. Monica if you have any concerns! I live close to campus and the roads seem back to normal, with temps above freezing today.

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/12 heard back yet?

I interviewed that day and haven't heard anything but based on what people the last two years said we could potentially hear today/tomorrow and then a week from today/tomorrow if they're keeping that same timing this year!

I interviewed that day and haven't heard anything but based on what people the last two years said we could potentially hear today/tomorrow and then a week from today/tomorrow if they're keeping that same timing this year!

Cool thanks! Goodluck to everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the acceptance email from Emory!! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Me too!! Cant wait to attend Emory!

I interviewed on the 12th and haven’t heard back yet

I interviewed on 1/19 and found out yesterday that I was accepted! Good luck guys!

@biochempt_2018 did people message you saying they have heard back? I have not heard anything yet either, a friend from georgia got in but maybe they are doing the in state applicants first? she found out last wednesday

@biochempt_2018 did people message you saying they have heard back? I have not heard anything yet either, a friend from georgia got in but maybe they are doing the in state applicants first? she found out last wednesday

I have no idea, but I have not heard/seen anyone who recently got an acceptance email (except for everyone on this thread who heard last Wednesday). I just thought we might hear something today! It seemed like the last 2 years there was a second wave of acceptances a week after the first offers went out. I interviewed on 1/19. Good luck to you though :)

I have no idea, but I have not heard/seen anyone who recently got an acceptance email (except for everyone on this thread who heard last Wednesday). I just thought we might hear something today! It seemed like the last 2 years there was a second wave of acceptances a week after the first offers went out. I interviewed on 1/19. Good luck to you though :)
thank you!! I thought we would too, I interviewed on the 19th as well, maybe we will hear by Friday hopefully??

I think I will be declining my spot. Hopefully one of you gets it!

does anyone know if they are doing a second round of acceptances? it seems like they have in the past

I'll be declining my spot as well in favor of MUSC. Hopefully it will help one of you out!

I'll be declining my spot as well in favor of MUSC. Hopefully it will help one of you out!
Did they happen to tell you when the first deposit was due? I just want to get a general idea as to when I should be hearing back.

does anyone know if they are doing a second round of acceptances? it seems like they have in the past

Right?? I'm dying to find out right now! I also interviewed on the 19th but haven't heard anything yet.

Did they happen to tell you when the first deposit was due? I just want to get a general idea as to when I should be hearing back.

We were told our deposit was due by February 7th. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the acceptance email!!!!! SO excited!!! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
I got my acceptance email on Thursday! ☺️ I’m so excited, Emory was my top choice!!

Reactions: 3 users
I got my acceptance email on Thursday! ☺️ I’m so excited, Emory was my top choice!!
Hey! Congratulations!! Did they tell you when your deposit was due? I’m still waiting to hear back from them, and was hoping to get an idea of when it would be. Thanks! Congrats again.

Hey! Congratulations!! Did they tell you when your deposit was due? I’m still waiting to hear back from them, and was hoping to get an idea of when it would be. Thanks! Congrats again.
I was accepted that day too and the email said the deposit was due February 22nd, so they gave us two weeks to decide! Hope this helps!