Program-Specific Info / Q's Emory & Henry MOT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MOTmking

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to interview at Emory & Henry this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has already interviewed or if any current students could let me know what the interview is like?

Members don't see this ad.

Not intimidating at all. It had a mix of typical job interview questions (Name a struggle you overcame) with general OT questions (Why OT and not PT?) Nothing out of the ordinary or to worry about. It felt like it flew by.

After a 30min interview, there was a 30min tour of the building with current students. The local area may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if I didn't get into a school that allowed me to live at home (and was already accredited), E&H was my top choice.

Not intimidating at all. It had a mix of typical job interview questions (Name a struggle you overcame) with general OT questions (Why OT and not PT?) Nothing out of the ordinary or to worry about. It felt like it flew by.

After a 30min interview, there was a 30min tour of the building with current students. The local area may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if I didn't get into a school that allowed me to live at home (and was already accredited), E&H was my top choice.

Thank you!! Have you heard back from E&H yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I received my acceptance the Tuesday after I interviewed. That Monday was MLK Day.

This fall 2017 will be the first cohort. Are you sure you want to spend $60,000+ and 2 years+ on a school that is not accredited? :/ be careful

This fall is the second cohort. Their first cohort gave the tour and did an informal Q&A at the interview.

When I asked both students what made them choose Emory & Henry, both of their answers were, "That's where I got in." They were happy and loved it down there, but that was a part of my own decision-making process.

Thanks for clarifying. I apologize about the misinformation. However, the program is still not accredited so I still would not recommend it.

If there are any current MOT students on this forum, what is the weekly schedule of the OT student? Like an overlook of classes each day?

I meant to add in above ^^^ MOT student at Emory and Henry! Sorry!

Anyone heard back yet that interviewed on the last weekend in January?

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

yes I heard back 4 days after the interview that I was accepted!

Oh that's awesome, congrats! Do you think you will attend? I really liked E&H and really would like to go if I get accepted so I hope to hear something soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh that's awesome, congrats! Do you think you will attend? I really liked E&H and really would like to go if I get accepted so I hope to hear something soon!

Thank you! I'm not sure yet, I'm sending in my deposit but I am still waiting to hear back from other schools.
Did you interview on the 28th?

Thank you! I'm not sure yet, I'm sending in my deposit but I am still waiting to hear back from other schools.
Did you interview on the 28th?

Oh ok! And yes I did I was there at 1pm, I hope that since I haven't heard anything yet, that doesn't mean anything bad!

Oh ok! And yes I did I was there at 1pm, I hope that since I haven't heard anything yet, that doesn't mean anything bad!
Did you e-mail them afterwords thanking them? I e-mailed them and then literally an hour later they sent me back an e-mail about my acceptance. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but worth a shot!

Did you e-mail them afterwords thanking them? I e-mailed them and then literally an hour later they sent me back an e-mail about my acceptance. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but worth a shot!

I actually have thought about that so I will do that! Thanks for the advice! Did you just email Tracie?

Does anyone know how many interviews there will be? Will they really be interviewing until May like the website said?

Yes, I received my acceptance the Tuesday after I interviewed. That Monday was MLK Day.

Is there any recommendations you could give in regards to the interview? I have an interview on March 4 and really hope to be accepted! :)

Is there any recommendations you could give in regards to the interview? I have an interview on March 4 and really hope to be accepted! :)

Just like MOTmking said, it was very relaxed and they were genuinely interested in you! Basic questions about achievements and stuff as well as a hard ship you have been through. After the interview, you go on a tour with a current student and you can ask a lot of questions here! They said that i would hear within 3 weeks and i have not heard anything yet, so i am hoping this is my week! Good luck!

Just like MOTmking said, it was very relaxed and they were genuinely interested in you! Basic questions about achievements and stuff as well as a hard ship you have been through. After the interview, you go on a tour with a current student and you can ask a lot of questions here! They said that i would hear within 3 weeks and i have not heard anything yet, so i am hoping this is my week! Good luck!
Okay, great! Thank you so much for the incite! I wonder how many people they will be interviewing. Hopefully you'll hear back soon! :)

I have a feeling you will be hearing back very soon! I was told that I had to let them know by the 15th, so they might be waiting to see how many people reject/accept and then they will send out more emails!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a feeling you will be hearing back very soon! I was told that I had to let them know by the 15th, so they might be waiting to see how many people reject/accept and then they will send out more emails!

Ok awesome! Thank you so much for the encouragement, I am getting very nervous but I am hopeful for this week!

Okay, great! Thank you so much for the incite! I wonder how many people they will be interviewing. Hopefully you'll hear back soon! :)

You are welcome! I am not sure... Me too :)

Does anyone know how many interviews there will be? Will they really be interviewing until May like the website said?
I think they will be interviewing at least through April 22nd. When I recieved an email saying I got an interview, they gave me the option of February 11th, March 4th and April 22nd.

I think they will be interviewing at least through April 22nd. When I recieved an email saying I got an interview, they gave me the option of February 11th, March 4th and April 22nd.
Okay.. Thanks for the info!

Just got put on the waitlist for E&H! :( Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing and waiting to hear back!!

Just got put on the waitlist for E&H! :( Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing and waiting to hear back!!

I got put on the waitlist as well... Very sad to see that email come through, but i am going to be optimistic that i hear something!

Has anyone that interviewed Feb. 11th heard back? The waiting game is terrible!

I just heard back from some schools closer to home for me, so I will be turning down my acceptance here! Hopefully this will open up a spot!!
Thanks for letting us know! I definitely appreciate it!

Did tracie send you the email?

I interviewed this past Saturday on March 4th. My interview was good but very short and the interviewers seemed tired from probably interviewing so many people. They also asked if I applied to others schools in which I said yes etc etc and she said that's a good idea. That worried me a little but I loved the facility and everyone I talked to so hoping for the best! As I have been waitlisted at two other schools

I was just waitlisted! Has anyone else heard any updates from E&H?

No, I interviewed Feb. 11th

Sorry after looking back I realized you had said that you had that interview date. A girl I know that interviewed same day and time as me found out she got accepted earlier today so pretty sure that means I didn't

Sorry after looking back I realized you had said that you had that interview date. A girl I know that interviewed same day and time as me found out she got accepted earlier today so pretty sure that means I didn't
I do know it sounds like they give each candidate that interviews 15 or so days to respond/make a deposit. So I think they are waiting on students to do that as well. It's so hard being on the waitlist because the email I received said it could possibly be August (week before first week of classes) until we hear we are accepted if that ends up being the case.

Wow that would be really terrible if that were the case. And I am wondering if they have a lot of movement on their waitlist... hm

Has anyone been invited for an interview that is not from Virginia?