Emory interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Any idea how many students typically interview at Emory per day? I'm scheduled for early January, and I'm already nervous! This is my first interview, and one of my top choices. Also, has anyone had any experience with the 3-on-3 group interview? Thanks for any information!

Members don't see this ad.

Usually 18 people. They split you into two groups of nine. One group tours the campus in the morning and then interviews in the afternoon. The other group does the opposite. The whole day is incredibly enjoyable and everyone is friendly. Don't stress about the three-on-three, especially if you are in the PM interviewing group. By that time you will have gotten to know the people who are interviewing with you. Just relax and be yourself. It really just feels like a conversation, not intimidating at all.

Something else that I noticed was that there were twice as many girls as guys. Each 3 on 3 group consisted of 2 girls and 1 guy. By the way, has anyone who has already interviewed at Emory heard anything??

Yeah it's really not bad- if you're in the afternoon interviewing group, make sure that you get to know the medical student giving you the tour. They will be one of the three interviewing you. In my group, I was the only girl- I interviewed with 2 other guys.

I haven't heard anything from Emory yet. Only 1 person has reported receiving an acceptance from the 3rd batch, which is strange.