This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cervantes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, SDN!

I'll be taking the MCAT in August, and I've already signed up for the in-person Princeton Review course that starts in June and ends at the beginning of August. The PR course meets Monday through Thursday for 3 hours each day for a total of 102-105 hours. Until the date the PR course starts I'm studying on my own. Yet, I discovered that Emory University has a 6 day course that meets just once a week for 6 hours, for a total of 36 (they claim 42 hours). The Emory course starts before my PR course, so I was wondering if anyone has taken the EMORY MCAT course and what their opinion of it is.
I also wanted to ask if you guys thing it's overkill to do these two courses. Note: They would not interfere with each other, as the Emory prep course is on Saturdays, and would be completed by the second week of the PR course.
Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't done the course but if it's free and you have time why not? It doesn't really overlap so it's not really overkill. If it was at the same time then fudge that just do the Princeton. Go for it OP more practice can never hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, SDN!

I'll be taking the MCAT in August, and I've already signed up for the in-person Princeton Review course that starts in June and ends at the beginning of August. The PR course meets Monday through Thursday for 3 hours each day for a total of 102-105 hours. Until the date the PR course starts I'm studying on my own. Yet, I discovered that Emory University has a 6 day course that meets just once a week for 6 hours, for a total of 36 (they claim 42 hours). The Emory course starts before my PR course, so I was wondering if anyone has taken the EMORY MCAT course and what their opinion of it is.
I also wanted to ask if you guys thing it's overkill to do these two courses. Note: They would not interfere with each other, as the Emory prep course is on Saturdays, and would be completed by the second week of the PR course.
Thanks everyone!

I had two friends do this course and they did really well. I don't know about doing two courses at once but my friends did the emory course during the school year so I'm guessing it's doable to juggle both.

Hi, SDN!

Thanks everyone!
Whoa. I had never heard of this when I was an undergrad there. Just out of curiosity, you're a student, and it's free for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa. I had never heard of this when I was an undergrad there. Just out of curiosity, you're a student, and it's free for you?

I'm not a student at Emory, but I live in Atlanta and work near Emory, so it's convenient and, well, it's Emory...

I had no idea either that they had such a thing but when I did a quick google search for MCAT prep courses in the area, the Emory course came up. Apparently they have been doing it for 20 years! (According to the description of the guy teaching it on the Emory Continuing Education site).

Here's the link to such description:

Devin Stewart - Emory Continuing Education

I'm not a student at Emory, but I live in Atlanta and work near Emory, so it's convenient and, well, it's Emory...

I had no idea either that they had such a thing but when I did a quick google search for MCAT prep courses in the area, the Emory course came up. Apparently they have been doing it for 20 years! (According to the description of the guy teaching it on the Emory Continuing Education site).

Whoa. That's awesome! Good luck on your studying. I think Emory stuff prepares you pretty well (though I can only speak about the undergrad classes personally). Every premed I personally know or know of (myself included) from there scored at least a 516.

Hi! Did you end up taking this course? I am thinking about taking the course that starts sept16, but wanted to get a little more feedback about it before paying.

Thanks!

"I'll be taking the MCAT in August, and I've already signed up for the in-person Princeton Review course that starts in June and ends at the beginning of August. The PR course meets Monday through Thursday for 3 hours each day for a total of 102-105 hours. Until the date the PR course starts I'm studying on my own. Yet, I discovered that Emory University has a 6 day course that meets just once a week for 6 hours, for a total of 36 (they claim 42 hours). The Emory course starts before my PR course, so I was wondering if anyone has taken the EMORY MCAT course and what their opinion of it is.
Thanks everyone!"

Hey Cervantes,

I'm thinking taking this course as well..did you end up taking it? If so, was it helpful? How did it compare to the PR course that followed?