Emory University or Miami Foote Fellows (Honors) for pre-med

Emory vs. UMiami

• Total voters

MaddiePreMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently posted on here asking for opinions on whether or not I should choose Emory or Northeastern for pre-med/pre-public health. Just as I had settled on Emory, I recieved an email that I had been invited to UMiami's honors Foote Fellows program which includes a number of benefits such as ged ed requirements being wiped away, priority housing, and special honors seminars. I am thinking about going to Medical School after undergrad or to grad school for Public Health and studying epidemiology or health policy as I would like to work in creating effective health programs / relief programs for communities in need. I would study Medical Anthropology at UMiami and Anthropology at Emory. I really would like to study Arabic too, but UMiami does not offer that if I choose to go there. Both schools are around the same price, although Miami may end up being a few thousand cheaper! I like the environment at both schools, although Miami has more school spirit which I appreciate. On the plus side for Emory it is more highly ranked and has the CDC close by so i could get an internship. I would like advice on which school seems to be the better fit for me & will give me the best foundation for my future. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.