emory vs mt sinai vs tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a band apart

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

i just found about this site as a resource for pre-meds! after seeing how informative and helpful everyone is on it, i really wish i had known about it before the application process. anyway, i know this is my first post, but i thought i'd see if you guys could shed some light on my situation. i hope that's alright.

so i'm currently going to tufts next year, but i'm also on the wait-list at sinai and emory. since i don't expect to have much time to decide to accept a position off of the wait-list, i figure'd i'd try to get as much feedback as i could now. i'm pretty excited to be going to tufts, and i also think boston will be a fun town to go to school in. however, most of my friends are in nyc and i feel like nothing really beats it for location. as far as atlanta, i'm not sure what to think about it, since i don't know much about it.

what would you all do if you had a choice between the three schools, and why? what do you think about their respective reputations? right now i'm pretty interested in research, so if you guys think that is a factor, please mention that in your answer(s).

thanks for helping me out guys...finally, the end is in sight. :)

a band apart

Members don't see this ad.

any advice?? anyone??

help me out, please.

:)

i'd go to
1) mt. sinai
2) emory
3) tufts

i'd much prefer mt. sinai over emory because location is a big factor to me and i want to be in the ny/nj area.
good luck with those waitlists!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts and emory aren't in the same class at all. If location isn't a big issue, emory over sinai.

any other opinions?

cmon, i know you guys have more to say... ;)

i agree with snoopy17

definitely go to mount sinai if they take you off their list.

if emory takes you off their list, decide whether you want to move to Atlanta, and whether you actually liked the school. i don't know anything about emory, but i believe it has a significantly better reputation than tufts.

if both schools take you off their list, go to mount sinai, unless you liked emory better.

this is just what *I* would do. i didn't even apply to emory. however, i think that emory will have better research opportunities than the other 2 schools.

Id go Emory then Mt. S, and last tufts...my opinion

ECU med 07

I was just talking with an allergist today who lives and practices in Atlanta. Prior to that, he lived in and worked in NY. From his personal experience, he felt that Emory's reputation is over-rated. Of course, this is only his opinion, and he knew that I was planning to attend Tufts. If I were you, I'd look beyond SDN and do some serious research on those choices before deciding. Good luck - they're all great schools.