Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Emory

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by varuna, Dec 4, 2001.

1. varuna

varuna New Member

Should I go to an Emory interview? What's great and not great about the school? At this point I am trying to save money and hoping to narrow down my traveling.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior

Go there only if you think there's a chance you will actually attend the school if accepted. It's a totally awesome school; however, I had to cancel my interview there due to an aceptance to one of the really big times.

4. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Senior Member

I'd encourage you to decline the interview. I submitted my Emory secondary 8/30, and haven't heard squat from them since. The less competition for me, the better! :D

Seriously, I think Emory is a great school. It's in Atlanta, a large, growing city with Southern charm. (Oh, women with Southern accents really get me going... but I digress.)

The school is highly ranked, and from what I've heard, the students are happy there. I'd tell you more, but I haven't interviewed there yet so I don't have much more info to go on.

5. alice

alice Senior Member

one good thing about emory - it has all the types of hospitals you can train in:

big academic awesome
    charity/county/for everyone
    childrens
    va
    i think a few others, but most of the great schools have that.

emory has lots of $$$ which is always a good thing. atlanta is cool but WARM to say the least.

6. Vdawg

Vdawg Senior Member

when is your interview varuna?

7. Ranger Bob, don't feel bad, I think they're giving me the cold shoulder too. They cashed my check and ran :(