Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

varuna

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I go to an Emory interview? What's great and not great about the school? At this point I am trying to save money and hoping to narrow down my traveling.

Members don't see this ad.

Go there only if you think there's a chance you will actually attend the school if accepted. It's a totally awesome school; however, I had to cancel my interview there due to an aceptance to one of the really big times.

I'd encourage you to decline the interview. I submitted my Emory secondary 8/30, and haven't heard squat from them since. The less competition for me, the better! :D

Seriously, I think Emory is a great school. It's in Atlanta, a large, growing city with Southern charm. (Oh, women with Southern accents really get me going... but I digress.)

The school is highly ranked, and from what I've heard, the students are happy there. I'd tell you more, but I haven't interviewed there yet so I don't have much more info to go on.

Members don't see this ad :)
one good thing about emory - it has all the types of hospitals you can train in:

big academic awesome
charity/county/for everyone
childrens
va
i think a few others, but most of the great schools have that.

emory has lots of $$$ which is always a good thing. atlanta is cool but WARM to say the least.

when is your interview varuna?

Ranger Bob, don't feel bad, I think they're giving me the cold shoulder too. They cashed my check and ran :(