Employment prospects after graduating from SUNY Buffalo's pharm program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tuttifrutti

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it easy to find a job at a place other than buffalo or western new york after graduating from the PharmD program? For example, if I wanted to work at NYC after graduation, would it be easy for me to find a job there? I've been told that most pharmacists who work at nyc are usually graduates from a pharmacy school in the area (like st johns), and that employers in buffalo prefer people who are residents because there's a higher chance of them staying. I'm worried that after graduation, it will be hard for me to find a job since I'm a resident of nyc. 🙁
If there are any graduates of UB's pharm program who could provide some insight on this, I would be grateful. 🙂