This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to pursue an EMT certification. I was looking at some online. I found one at "RC Health Services". I was wondering if you guys found this to be legit? I find it to be very interesting. It is done online but could it be fraudulent? What do y'all think? Has anyone ever done this before?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You can do this online, but you will have to do ambulance rotations in person (in the states listed).

It is legit however. Honestly a better idea would be to join an ambulance corps first and then do the class. Ambulance corps can sponsor you and make the class extremely low cost.

Reactions: 1 users
I want to pursue an EMT certification. I was looking at some online. I found one at "RC Health Services". I was wondering if you guys found this to be legit? I find it to be very interesting. It is done online but could it be fraudulent? What do y'all think? Has anyone ever done this before?

Thank you.
Do you actually plan on being an EMT or ER Tech? Or do you just want it cause you think it'll look good? If the former, I would check with your state and local requirements because many require field hours to be certified and I don't think that can be done sitting in your underwear in your dorm room.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do this online, but you will have to do ambulance rotations in person (in the states listed).

It is legit however. Honestly a better idea would be to join an ambulance corps first and then do the class. Ambulance corps can sponsor you and make the class extremely low cost.

Ambulance corps actually sounds like a more exciting idea

Do you actually plan on being an EMT or ER Tech? Or do you just want it cause you think it'll look good? If the former, I would check with your state and local requirements because many require field hours to be certified and I don't think that can be done sitting in your underwear in your dorm room.

Will do. Thanks

If ambulance corps was plan B, what was plan A?

Often these classes are offered nights/weekends sponsored by local EMS/Public safety organizations. Look into it more before you go forward though, don’t overextend yourself.