Engineering Courses for Fulfilling Physics Pre-req?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boston_3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used engineering courses as a non-trad student to fulfill the physics requirements? I can't seem to find a straightforward answer on how this works, so I'd love to hear from someone that has encountered this issue!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone has used engineering courses as a non-trad student to fulfill the physics requirements? I can't seem to find a straightforward answer on how this works, so I'd love to hear from someone that has encountered this issue!

Nontrads are expected to have the same prerequisites as traditional applicants. So if you're talking about substituting a class called "Physics for Engineering Majors" instead of "Introductory Physics" (e.g., a course nonmajors take at your school), that's fine because they're both physics courses. It is unlikely, however, that you would be allowed to substitute random engineering courses for the physics + lab component of your prerequisite coursework.

If you have concerns about your specific coursework, I highly recommend contacting your target medical schools directly to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.