England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
@samac : Has a unique camo ability and is primarily a herbivore. What pings me as weird is that she kept asking for people's location to see if they belong where they are, but my results tell me she doesn't belong in London herself. The fact that she doesn't belong in in London is weird, but the fact that she's a herbivore has me reading her village. I think Lis might potentially be an alpha (this explains bread's role) which means there's one more wolf left. I'm thinking Cyndia
.... I don’t have a camo ability.....

I was hoping we would hear from LiS before close.

I'm packing for my trip, but I think we have the wolves between LiS and MSP.

Just gonna say ...

... I was really clear that I was going to work and working swing today and tomorrow. So this was a ridiculous thing to say. There's ZERO chance I can check the thread - much less comment - from work.

Anyway. You guys can piss this game away if you want, but I am not a wolf, and I'm a little ticked that things abruptly swung toward me.

Especially because you may have just handed the game to a 3P. Nicely done.

If I'm still alive:

contingent lynch msp

Members don't see this ad :)
And, for Mayo, I'll repeat it:

I work noon-midnight tomorrow. I will not be here for lynch close. You can "want to hear from LIS" all you want but it is physically impossible for me to respond. Do what you will. But being smarter would be nice.

Also if bread wouldn’t have died by the plague we coulda yeeted him *mumble*

Me, getting ready for bed after my night shift but too on edge of what the hell is going to happen in that night cycle to just go to sleep:
Smash Video Games GIF by HyperX

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ok. I’m going to sleep but if it’s not game over I’m very excited to wake up and chat a little with everybody.
see ya noonish.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Night Eight.png

voyage of the beagle.jpg

Off the coast of Penzance, a red sun rose in the east and the wind picked up. Darwin looked up from his journals with mild apprehension. Perhaps we should put into port, he thought. He stashed his papers and pen away and climbed up to the deck to speak with the man at the helm. Halfway up the ladder stairs, he was thrown to the side as the entire ship listed to the starboard side. Shouts of confusion came from above deck. "Turn hard to port, Mr. Wickham!" "I can't, sir. The rudder's gone out!"
~
Found in the wreckage was an oiled notebook containing a collection of papers with notations like "...primarily herbivorous diet...individual variations in coat coloration, providing unique... " -- as well as a scribbled account of the last moments of the crew before they were dashed upon the rock. Although most of the sentence had been smudged away by the waves, the word "...sabotage?" was shakily scrawled at the bottom.
~
Dead is
CHARLES DARWIN
Who traveled to a new region each night on the Beagle to collect field data on another player.
~
game event gold.png

Overnight, a spark took hold in a bed of straw near Westminster. The packed, dry timber houses lit like a box of matches. By morning, the conflagration had wiped out over 80% of the city's material possessions -- though the casualties were blessedly minimal.

All flammable items still remaining in the game have now been lost in the blaze.

london-fire-2.jpg

players and locations.png
LONDON

YORKSHIRE & THE NORTH
*desolate*

OXFORD & CAMBRIDGE
*musty*
CORNWALL
PARTS UNKNOWN
*lonely*
AVALON
@Aprilthearab - Robin Hood, item thief​
@SARdoghandler - Lilibet
@TelemarketingEnigma - Margaret Thatcher, 2x executioner​
@vetmedhead - William Shakespeare, write up modifier​
@Viscernable - Sir Isaac Newton, physical action redirector​
@Zenge142 - Alan Turing, cryptanalyst​
@mkg323 - Jack the Ripper, ninja ladyseer wolf​
@BobLoblaw78 - Queen Victoria
@The_Breadmann - Winston Churchill, heavy vote​
@alissa14 - Anne Boleyn
@sunshinefl - Ebenezer Scrooge, rotating role seer + action seer + spirit-medium wolf​
@DocEspana - Princess Di, vulnerable royal​
@Animal Midwife - James Herriot, status effect healer​
@finnickthedog - Sheriff of Nottingham, stubborn jailer + item hoarder​
@WildZoo - Sherlock Holmes, tracker​
@Stagg737 - Lady Godiva, innocent child​
@genny - Hermione Granger, free choice JOAT​
@alleycat03 - Elizabeth I
@SportPonies - The White Witch, wolf bribery seer + silencer​
@Crayola227 - James Bond, 3x vigilante​
@capri1722 - Emma Woodhouse, conversation matchmaker​
@Ms Procrastinator - Charles Darwin, traveling PM'er + delayed aura seer​

IT IS NOW DAY NINE
6 PLAYERS REMAIN.
VOTE CLOSES AT 9PM BUT I MAY EXTEND THIS CYCLE FOR PERSONAL WORK-RELATED REASONS.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
God dammit.

I knew this was going to happen because Pippy warned me about not posting about night results before it was up (I wasn’t even trying to!!) lol. She interacted with Dina last night.

Dina, why did you leave LiS in London?

there’s a wolf in Cornwall then, I think. There was no other reason to take her out and if it was just LiS she was his potential ticket to freedom I think.

I just don’t know which of you it is.
Cyndia is the only person I now feel confident on and I want to throw things.

(Turns out I couldn’t sleep and continued to refresh the thread. :heckyeah: I think I’ve told you all before I have no self control literally checked into Bioshock from the gift shop at the Grand Canyon. Ok bed now.)

• Care
God dammit.

I knew this was going to happen because Pippy warned me about not posting about night results before it was up (I wasn’t even trying to!!) lol. She interacted with Dina last night.

So you watched MsP last night?

Because I'm pretty confident he's a wolf? Why would I move a wolf especially when people have been getting pocketed by PMs.

there’s a wolf in Cornwall then, I think. There was no other reason to take her out and if it was just LiS she was his potential ticket to freedom I think.

I think you need to go to sleep. Why would any other wolf kill her either? She doesn't get night results for a few days and she was up for yeet today. Night kill analysis is absolute WIFOM as is the MsP pick.

Everybody else has a role that's accounted for by night actions except LIS and we know from write-ups and you being attacked that there was someone dressed as a knight with a sword and that somehow has been able to double kill royals. LIS also has the worst VCA. His only village contribution has been a sunny tunnel. Don't use NKA to completely uproot your reads

Also samac if you're saying you saw me interact with MsP last night and that means I might've killed her you need to check your notifications again or read your role description because it's 100% false

I didn't do any actions last night

So you watched MsP last night?

Because I'm pretty confident he's a wolf? Why would I move a wolf especially when people have been getting pocketed by PMs.

I think you need to go to sleep. Why would any other wolf kill her either? She doesn't get night results for a few days and she was up for yeet today. Night kill analysis is absolute WIFOM as is the MsP pick.

Everybody else has a role that's accounted for by night actions except LIS and we know from write-ups and you being attacked that there was someone dressed as a knight with a sword and that somehow has been able to double kill royals. LIS also has the worst VCA. His only village contribution has been a sunny tunnel. Don't use NKA to completely uproot your reads
No I didn’t watch her, I watched you.
and it’s not lack of sleep making me say this, she would have left Cornwall today and gotten results on someone.
also, @Barkley13 what is your role at this point?
Also samac if you're saying you saw me interact with MsP last night and that means I might've killed her you need to check your notifications again or read your role description because it's 100% false

I didn't do any actions last night
You would know who I watched. That’s some quick defensiveness.

No I didn’t watch her, I watched you.
and it’s not lack of sleep making me say this, she would have left Cornwall today and gotten results on someone.
also, @Barkley13 what is your role at this point?

You would know who I watched. That’s some quick defensiveness.

I didn't because Pippy just messaged me saying she forgot to send me notifications.

Also I got a notification about a scholarly person asking to reserve a spot on a dance card and not making it? I'm assuming that's MsP

But if you watched her act on me last night then she wouldn't have gotten seering results on me personally until the following night according to how she explained her role. I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say because it sounds like you might be confusing watcher/tracker right now

I didn't because Pippy just messaged me saying she forgot to send me notifications.

Also I got a notification about a scholarly person asking to reserve a spot on a dance card and not making it? I'm assuming that's MsP

But if you watched her act on me last night then she wouldn't have gotten seering results on me personally until the following night according to how she explained her role. I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say because it sounds like you might be confusing watcher/tracker right now
No. She would have gotten them tonight. She would have picked you when she came to Cornwall last cycle and would have gotten results when she left today.
im not confusing watcher/tracker. I watched you and Charles Darwin approached you to dance.

You wouldn’t have known about her interacting with you if it wasn’t for my notification, I watch dances. I’ve stayed on you for 3 damn nights now lol

@samac : Has a unique camo ability and is primarily a herbivore. What pings me as weird is that she kept asking for people's location to see if they belong where they are, but my results tell me she doesn't belong in London herself. The fact that she doesn't belong in in London is weird, but the fact that she's a herbivore has me reading her village. I think Lis might potentially be an alpha (this explains bread's role) which means there's one more wolf left. I'm thinking Cyndia

.... I don’t have a camo ability.....
Sooo what's this about? Because it feels like samac is trying to shade MsP but that wouldn't make sense if she was a wolf trying to shade her because then why kill her

• Hmm
No. She would have gotten them tonight. She would have picked you when she came to Cornwall last cycle and would have gotten results when she left today.
im not confusing watcher/tracker. I watched you and Charles Darwin approached you to dance.

Okay then what did you mean when you said this particularly the bolded part

God dammit.

How would you have known she was going to die if you only watched me and saw that she interacted with me? Unless you got the same notification I did that she didn't make it to the dance

Okay then what did you mean when you said this particularly the bolded part

How would you have known she was going to die if you only watched me and saw that she interacted with me? Unless you got the same notification I did that she didn't make it to the dance
Oh, just because I responded with some cuss words at pippy and she warned me not to post about night results until the write up was posted lol

Sooo what's this about? Because it feels like samac is trying to shade MsP but that wouldn't make sense if she was a wolf trying to shade her because then why kill her
I legit don’t know what that was because I don’t have a camo ability. Obviously last night I was convinced she was still a wolf by voting for her.

But this doesn't mean anything. It means that MsP acted on Dina which is great and all but doesn't mean dina did anything to MsP
Right, I’m not trying to indicate anyone did but she was going to get results on someone from Cornwall today. And she died.

Oh, just because I responded with some cuss words at pippy and she warned me not to post about night results until the write up was posted lol

Yeah but how did you know she was going to die?

Right, I’m not trying to indicate anyone did but she was going to get results on someone from Cornwall today. And she died.

okay but if LIS is the wolf he would know that too. Can you see why this is all WIFOM?

Yeah but how did you know she was going to die?
I didn’t know for sure, it was a thought I had because of Pippy warning me not to discuss my results until the write up.
Does that make sense?

and yes, LiS would know that too if he was paying attention but I’m not sure he played close enough attention.

I didn’t know for sure, it was a thought I had because of Pippy warning me not to discuss my results until the write up.
Does that make sense?

okay that's fair, I was just worried we were going into a watcher/tracker debacle ala ggoats again

and yes, LiS would know that too if he was paying attention but I’m not sure he played close enough attention.

I have no idea there are so many possible reasons and it's all WIFOM. I've seen weirder late game night kill choices from wolves, sometimes it's just for funsies. But I've seen the effects of night actions of everyone in this game and none of them involve a double kill mechanism or a sword except with Excalibur but genny stole it the night you got attacked so mechanically we can rule out that it wasn't that unless village genny lied to me.

If we look at VCA and vote tallies LIS also looks the worse.

The only role I'm not 100% on is Mayo's but I've pretty much deduced his by now

okay that's fair, I was just worried we were going into a watcher/tracker debacle ala ggoats again

I have no idea there are so many possible reasons and it's all WIFOM. I've seen weirder late game night kill choices from wolves, sometimes it's just for funsies. But I've seen the effects of night actions of everyone in this game and none of them involve a double kill mechanism or a sword except with Excalibur but genny stole it the night you got attacked so mechanically we can rule out that it wasn't that unless village genny lied to me.

If we look at VCA and vote tallies LIS also looks the worse.

The only role I'm not 100% on is Mayo's but I've pretty much deduced his by now
Barks is the only one I don’t know at this point.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty sure LiS is a wolf. I’m just scared he has a wolf friend.

Barks is the only one I don’t know at this point.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty sure LiS is a wolf. I’m just scared he has a wolf friend.

I know what Barks' role is and I trust her which is a lot for me to say regarding Barks, plus she was on the D2 mkg yeet and I do believe what AM said about the whole vote being pure.

I know you're afraid he has a wolf friend, but it's more likely he's a royal and we can get rid of him tonight, but we can discuss other possibilities if you'd like

I know what Barks' role is and I trust her which is a lot for me to say regarding Barks, plus she was on the D2 mkg yeet and I do believe what AM said about the whole vote being pure.

I know you're afraid he has a wolf friend, but it's more likely he's a royal and we can get rid of him tonight, but we can discuss other possibilities if you'd like
MsP was scared of it too.
the unfortunate part for me is it would have to be you Barks or mayo and I’ve been reading you all as village and I’m so confused.

(I’m currently getting my hair done and if my stylist doesn’t think I’m nuts by how much I stare at the roster she’s gonna by the time this is over)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
MsP was scared of it too.

That doesn't mean it's true though?

the unfortunate part for me is it would have to be you Barks or mayo and I’ve been reading you all as village and I’m so confused.

(I’m currently getting my hair done and if my stylist doesn’t think I’m nuts by how much I stare at the roster she’s gonna by the time this is over)

Maybe you should listen to your gut instincts then

I’ve got a short lunch today so won’t be here for long - but I wasn’t expecting msp to flip that way. I’m kind of concerned by her unique camo comment on samac... Idk, I’m at the point in the game where I’m definitely doubting myself on everything I’ve thought so far.

I’ve got a short lunch today so won’t be here for long - but I wasn’t expecting msp to flip that way. I’m kind of concerned by her unique camo comment on samac... Idk, I’m at the point in the game where I’m definitely doubting myself on everything I’ve thought so far.

Yeah I'm curious what the camo comment was about too...

• Wow