England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The less you entertain me out here, the more I torture dead chat

monty python spam GIF

im invincible monty python GIF

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dead parrot.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Day Eight - Over the Cliffs of Dover - Vote Tally

Ms P (1) - LIS
Cyndia (1) - ms P
LIS (4) - Dina, Barks, mayo, samac

@LetItSnow you are in the lead
6/7 players voting
Voting closes in 1 hour

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping we would hear from LiS before close.

I'm packing for my trip, but I think we have the wolves between LiS and MSP.

I agree. Things are going to get tricky though if LIS doesn't die tonight because he has royal avoidance

Dawn broke over the Salisbury Plain, bathing the green fields in a yellow light. In the center of the expanse, a small ring-like earthen mound could be seen, encasing a taller circular structure made of large tree trunks and adorned with mistletoe. As the rays hit the large branches and illuminated the center, a tall woman in gossamer robes lifted her hands to the sky. Slowly, the light began consolidating and crackling unnaturally around her outstretched palms until the air was thick with the smell of ozone and the sunlight bent in ribbons around her.

Morgaine opened her eyes wide in apprehension. They were here. Or at least-- they would be. Her sense of time was distorted since she last set foot in the circle. It could have been a thousand years in Avalon or ten, but the years and distance did not matter now. Only the direction of time was important for her current task.
She bent her head in concentration and pushed the dawn's energy out through the trees, sending it coursing across the countryside in a radiant pattern like spokes on a wheel.

"Let it be enough," she whispered.

~~~~~

View attachment 333465
View attachment 333466
View attachment 333467
View attachment 333468

View attachment 333469

Arise, good people of England.
Prepare to defend Queen and Country!
View attachment 333606

From the southern white cliffs of Dover to the mottled heather on the northern moors, a blanket of peace descended upon England's green and pleasant land. A quiet night, a chance for contemplation, inquiry and repose in anticipation of the struggles to come.

____

In London, the new Prime Minister stepped out of the coach in front of 10 Downing Street -- and with shoulders squared and a very deep breath -- proceeded through the front door.
____

Somewhere in the forest of memory, a slight-framed boy in a page uniform jogged through a dappled wood, muttering under his breath as he ran. As he weaved through a grove of large oak trees, a beam of focused sunlight caught his eye, reflecting off an object with what looked like a glint of metal. Curious, he stopped running and walked towards the clearing. Situated under the beam of light was a sword embedded deep into a boulder. How odd, the boy thought to himself, but how convenient! He grasped the hilt with both hands and braced his foot against the stone. As he gave a yank, the sword slid so easily out from its resting place that he toppled backwards, his gangly legs tripping over roots and dried leaves, and he fell in a twisted heap. As he stood, he hefted the blade and tried out a swing. The sword was too large for him to easily wield, but felt warm in his grip as he shifted it from one hand to the other. He tested the edge and instantly slit the skin on his thumb. Not even a dulled edge from the weather, he puzzled. No matter-- he was already late in getting back, and there would be hell to pay if he didn't sprint. He took off in the direction from whence he came, the sword tucked awkwardly under his arms as he ran.

View attachment 333607
and other items have now been activated.
____

In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
A count for votes is off by sleight of hand,
The search for mayor blocked by a queen,
We pray she still rules strongly o'er the lands

Alas, monarchy falls when wolves abound
Long slender teeth want not for greens nor tortes
When hunger strikes it's village they surround
And queens cannot rule lands with empty courts

Here documented is an ode to death,
A humble shroud of flesh and blood and ink,
Upon the stage, here each our own MacBeth
Who occupied this skull in hand, you think?

Today as night falls fast the games begin

And now the challenge: who is foe or kin?
DAY ONE

Sherwood Forest, once a tranquil retreat, was anything but quiet now. The annual archery contest had gone bad when Prince John and his trusty Sheriff, in an uncharacteristic moment of inspiration, had seen through Robin's (admittedly rather flimsy) stork disguise. The warrant for his capture was ...some obscene amount of money that makes sense to animated creatures from the 1300s... and his reveal had set off a wild chase through the forest. Shots flew in all directions!

~

Robin nimbly ducked and dodged, but this time his luck had run out, and Nutsy's arrow struck him straight through the heart. Poor little Skippy looked on in horror as his idol tumbled down an embankment into the nearby lake.

The hat was much too big for him... how could he replace the Prince of Thieves?

tumblr_lctoma7tsc1qcwsd8o1_400.gifv

Dead is
ROBIN HOOD
who could steal items from two of the rich every night and redistribute them to the poor.

~

In another time entirely, a large thunderhead consolidated over the Salisbury plain. With a searing flash and deafening crash, @BobLoblaw78 was struck by a bolt of mod lightning. He crumbled to the ground in an ozone-scented smoke.

...Curiously, he rose not five minutes later, shook off some tattered charred rags, and headed back on his way. How odd...

~

IT IS NOW NIGHT ONE.

PLEASE SUBMIT ACTIONS BEFORE 9AM TOMORROW MORNING; THE EARLIER THE BETTER.
View attachment 333749

It had been a frustrating day for Lilibet. Things had gotten all together uncivilized, and despite her desire to pour everyone a proverbial cup of calming tea (so they could carry on), her blasted teapot had gone missing. Unfortunately, the security in Buckingham Palace has always been a little lacking, to say the least. An intruder broke in again and murdered the monarch in her bed.
(Come on, palace guards... maybe a little less changing and a little more guarding??)

Dead is
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
~
In Parliament, an epic battle was underway. The Prime Minister was unflinchingly pushing her radical economic policies, which caused an utter outrage amongst her staunchly traditionalist party. One leader, who had some very traditional ideas about right and wrong, decided that was enough. The sword swung and sliced her in two, while all of Westminster looked on in horror.

Dead is
MARGARET THATCHER
Who could steamroll the opposition by closing voting early 2x during the game.
~
A drunken bard wandered through the streets of Stratford-Upon-Avon with a skull in his hand, wondering when he was going to finally start getting some recognition for his art, gosh darn it.
He was found the next morning behind the Midsommer set with a large gash in his side. As he gasped, he cried out: "No, ’tis not so deep as a well nor so wide as a church-door, but ’tis enough, ’twill serve. Ask for me tomorrow, and you shall find me a grave man. I am peppered, I warrant, for this world. A plague o' both your houses! Zounds, a wolf, a rat, a mouse, a cat to scratch a man to death! A braggart, a rogue, a villain that fights by the book of arithmetic!"

Dead is
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
Whose unparalleled verse graced a write up each cycle.
~
Heed warnings scrawl'd across on crooked page
Kin parry not by sword but vicious tongue
Beware a player, not a man backstage
Though course by curtain ropes men may be swung

Cast eyes away from sound for evil yields
For mules all bray when told to pull the cart
Yet beasts are still of use to till the fields
Bare soil is grown by hands that fake their part

Your clues to me are nat'rally finite
I genuflect alike for kings and queens
The players are both me and what I write
Yet here this tale is not my hand, it seems

But: look you wide for your poetic source

Have secrets shared, but from you divorced
~
But players, violence doth only violence beget
So though death may anon at the cut of the knife
The spirits untamed may laugh still yet
For I will have poetry in my life.

DAY 2

View attachment 333900

The scientist was worried. He had recently published a work describing the principles of a new celestial wonder, gravitas, in which he postulated that this force governed the path of the Earth itself. The idea was radical, that he knew. But his previous theories had been met with much praise in the rest of the learned community. Not so today, unfortunately. Accusations of witchcraft and heresy bounced back and forth, ricocheting off of the walls of Trinity College. The words turned to objects (where were all these blasted apples coming from??) and eventually, Sir Isaac was pummeled to death by those very souls entrusted to uphold the rule of law.
~
His colleagues were filled with despair. How could the globe continue to spin without their friend? When he was buried in Westminster Abbey, they composed an epitaph befitting one of the greatest minds the world has ever known:

"Here is buried Isaac Newton, Knight, who by a strength of mind almost divine, and mathematical principles peculiarly his own, explored the course and figures of the planets, the paths of comets, the tides of the sea, the dissimilarities in rays of light, and, what no other scholar has previously imagined, the properties of the colours thus produced. Diligent, sagacious and faithful, in his expositions of nature, antiquity and the holy Scriptures, he vindicated by his philosophy the majesty of God mighty and good, and expressed the simplicity of the Gospel in his manners. Mortals rejoice that there has existed such and so great an ornament of the human race!"

Dead is
SIR ISAAC NEWTON
who could use a vector force to attempt to redirect one player's physical actions onto another target each night
View attachment 333939

"We've got to do something, they can't go on like this," worried Ten. "They think they've got it all figured out, with their 'tasks,' but they'll kill themselves at this rate."
"That's what I've been telling you all along," said the Eighth's creation.
"Alright then, back to the future," decided Eleven.

They stepped into the slightly battered police box and powered up. Suddenly, though, sparks flew as a portion of the control panel went up in octarine flames. "Oh come on, don't do this to me now!" exclaimed Ten, mashing buttons in whichever order seemed most appropriate (although who could really say what the round things do). The blue column mostly stabilized after it flickered for a moment.

Into the future they went...but at least one person was left behind. Frightfully glitchy in a splinch, these contraptions.

Dead is
NO ONE...right?
~
The players nary paused giving their lines
With mix of blood and ink their play is writ
The blood, an ink more black than text, confines
Their bard, poor player off the stage, throat slit

Yet players on stage still know my work well
Among us some have my words whet their tongue
My works are vast and I have more to tell
About that fool whose sword into me swung

Here I shall share with you some gifted clues:
That knave, that fiend! is not well read as I
And surely does not mind their p's and q's
This cur is one you must identify

I share my warnings, proffer me your ear

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here
~
View attachment 333944
Out of the South of France (and back in the 14th century) reports of a horrid pestilence began to trickle in.
Thank goodness for the English Channel, eh?

~

"The intel was bad, M. He's dead, but it wasn't him after all."
"What do you mean? What intel? Who are you talking about? And where are you?"
"Doesn't matter where I am. This is taken care of. The leak must be on your side. Get out of the building, do you understand? Get everyone out now."
"Taken care of--Damn it James, when I ask you where you are, you'll bloody well answer me. What are your coordinates?

*Click*

At the crime scene later, among the belongings, they found a notebook full of code -- and bottle of cyanide.

Dead is @Zenge142
ALAN TURING
Who received fully encoded enemy targeting intel each night using hidden keyword ciphers.
IT IS STILL DAY THREE.

DAY 3

da52d7a8-7e56-11ea-bf03-06551cb39bc6.png

From hell.

Mr Lusk,
Sor
I send you half the Kidne I took from one women prasarved it for you tother piece I fried and ate it was very nise. I may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer
signed
Catch me when you can Mishter Lusk

Between the years of 1888 and 1891, a killer walked the streets of Whitechapel. The five murders attributed to his name, while gruesome, do not reflect the full body count, nor the scale of terror he inflicted on the London populace. At the height of his killing spree, he took to taunting law enforcement with surreptitious missives such as the one above -- thought by modern criminologists to have been intentionally written at a lower level of literacy in a chilling attempt at misdirection.

For years, the Ripper avoided capture. Through the relentless pursuit of law enforcement he was eventually brought to justice... although in the darkest quiet corners of their hearts, those who were involved in the investigation found themselves, on occasion, wondering if their break in the case hadn't come at the expense of something else.

Dead is
JACK THE RIPPER
Who could roam the streets each night in search of women, and would be almost undetectable while doing so.

View attachment 334079
~
A figure stood on a faraway parapet, voluminous robes whipping in the wind. There was a loud shout, although the wind swept away most of the word itself so the exact command could not be distinguished. For a few moments, all was quiet. After a time, a high pitched humming sound could be heard from the south. Through the morning mists, a shining metal object hurtled through the air across the countryside at nearly the speed of sound, flying straight and true in the direction of the tower.
~
4105_d016_06049_r_crop1505255850.jpg

In Buckingham Palace, Her Majesty the Queen was happily anticipating the arrival of a shipment of exotic fruit from India. Her dearly trusted advisor, Abdul, had extolled the virtues of a delicacy called "mango," and she simply could not wait to try one. The previous shipments had arrived rotten, but there was hope that this recent crop would allow for perfect ripening in transit, and so when the crates arrived, the Queen almost attacked them with glee. She ate one, and found it so delicious that she immediately ordered another one sliced and prepared for consumption. Half-way through the second mango, she thought to herself that this one tasted perhaps a bit off...and before she could finish the thought, she was on the ground in the throes of a convulsive fit. Should have waited for the royal taste testers...
Dead is
QUEEN VICTORIA

~
A traveler arrived in London only to see that they appeared to be the only one going into the city -- everyone else seemed to be in quite the hurry to get out. While crossing London Bridge, the traveler was almost trampled flat by two highly decorated carriages racing to depart the city center. Through the thin veils covering the backs of the carriages, the wanderer could see the outlines of regal figures shrouded in black. A plague doctor followed them solemnly but swiftly on horseback, as if to mark them as next in line... for the grave.
~
View attachment 334082
Pamphlets have been released from the office of the Prime Minister declaring that an evil pestilence has begun to spread through the City of London. There has already been at least one death, and it seems more are on the horizon.
The full method of transmission is unknown.
image.jpg

The city mourned the loss of one of their greatest heroes, who had succumbed to the miasma overnight. The flags were lowered to half mast as the citizens crowded into Westminster Abbey for the state funeral. They had lost a great leader, a living institution, a symbol of Britain's uncompromising resolve. It would never be the same in Parliament again.
Mod-ish-Dead is
WINSTON CHURCHILL
Whose vote, when combined with the elected Prime Minister's, would ensure that the leading vote candidate would die, regardless of any protections they may possess.

All remaining SCIENTISTS have each been awarded a plague mask (now with lavender-scented N95 filter!). Hopefully someone also has some streptomycin lying around, or else we'll be in real trouble.
View attachment 334175

"For England, James?" said Trevelyn

"No. For me."

Dead is
ANNE BOLEYN

It is still...somehow...Day 4.
Day Four

Full write up pending because I have a blistering headache tonight; sorry sunshine :(

giphy.gif

“If they would rather die,” said Scrooge, “they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”

Dead is
EBENEZER SCROOGE
Who, after eating a crumb of cheese each night, could ask the spirits of the past, present, and future (respectively) to show her information about a player on a rotating basis.

With her death, the crumb of cheese item has left the game.
Also, I feel compelled to say that Michael Caine's Scrooge is one of my favorite acting performances of all time, and I have had the songs from this movie stuck in my head for over 2 weeks now.
View attachment 334269

"Well, get in then," said Thirteen.
The humans all piled into the surprisingly roomy police box. The coordinates were set for the future...but Wolsey the cat, who had been hiding in the piping, had other ideas. He skittered across the control panel chasing after all the blinky flashy lights, hitting random buttons as he went. The TARDIS unceremoniously dumped half its cargo somewhere in 16th century Britain, while the rest sped along to today.
The Doctor looked around sheepishly at the remaining passengers. They did not seem pleased.

View attachment 334267
~
Across the Channel in another lifetime, a bender was turning into much more than just a rough night out in Paris. A limousine sped through the streets as an unmarked car gave chase, following much too close for comfort. As they went into a tunnel, there was a screech of tires and then flashes of bright lights... cameras... headlights... ambulance lights... heaven? The Princess faded away from this earth, but her legacy will not be forgotten.

Bloody tunnels.

Dead is
PRINCESS DIANA OF WALES
Who was vulnerable to all forms of attack.

The Guy Fawkes mask is in circulation.
~
In the North Riding of Yorkshire, a jovial boss tossed the keys to his brand new Rover to his new associate. "Here Jim, take the car out to the Alderson's. You deserve it!" The earnest-faced associate grinned as he caught the keys, tossed his medical bag in the car, and set off to see to a cow who had been down with milk fever for hours. An IV bolus of calcium gluconate worked miracles, and his face shone with joy as he watched the newborn calf nuzzling her mother. Deep in thought and pondering the beauty of life, he didn't even hear the intruder walk up behind him. He was beheaded without a word and left to bleed out into the straw.
Dead is
JAMES HERRIOT
Who could cure one afflicted player each night from all sickness and disease with his newfangled -- but effective -- ministrations.

The Drover's Arms pint is in circulation.
DAY FIVE

It had been a long fight. Accusations had raged on and on until they escalated to a fever-pitch. "Your reads will never be good enough!" "Your behavior is abominable!" "The Brontë name is synonymous with melancholic melodrama!" "What a disappointing fake!" The character hung her head in despair. How could she show the world the inner passion, her intrinsic fire, if never given an opportunity to put her skills to the test? A life snuffed out before it reached its full potential.

View attachment 334424

Dead is
JANE EYRE
Who could use her compassion (and fire-fighting skills!) to resurrect a player after Day 4.

The teapot is in circulation.

[/QUOTE]
NIGHT FIVE

I wanted to end the world, but I'll settle for ending yours.
benedict cumberbatch the game is on GIF by Sherlock

He dipped around a corner, pressed his back to the wall, and listened for the footsteps to continue on into the night ahead of him. Good. He hadn't been heard. He peered out and watched his person of interest bow their head to the wind and shove their hands in their pockets. He followed again, keeping enough distance to not be noticed, but close enough not to lose the trail. The figure stopped in front of a flat not far from his own on Baker Street. He knew who lived here. He ducked into the shadows across the street, watching for his neighbor to come to the door.

At that moment he got a phone call. A familiar, voice on the other end, soft and yet full of taunting malice.

"Meet me on the roof. You know where. You have one hour, but do hurry. People's lives are depending on you, and that is something you care about, isn't it?"

The call ended before he could reply. He looked at his phone, thought about calling John. But no. This was likely a trap, and he didn't want John in it.

~~~

You once called your brain a hard drive. Well say hello to the virus.

Half an hour later, he was standing on the roof of Richard Brook Hospital. Moriarty stood opposite him, grinning.

"This is where we solve our final problem, Sherlock. Have you been reading the papers? They're saying you've been a fraud this whole time. I wonder how that must feel."

"What have you done?"

"Nothing you can't remedy. See, all I need is for you to die, and then your loved ones will be safe."

"And I am to take your word for it?"

"What choice do you have?"

~~~

John Watson pushed his way past the crowd in front of the hospital. Whispered voices, broken phrases reached his ears through his panic.

"Did you see-"
"Someone said --"
" --erlock ---"
" ---aker Street --"

He finally broke through, saw a twisted and bloodied body loaded onto a gurney, fair skinned and dark-haired.

Because it’s not the fall that kills you, Sherlock. Of all people, you should know that, it’s not the fall, it’s never the fall. It’s the landing!

Dead is
SHERLOCK HOLMES
Who could track someone each night

giphy.gif
DAY SIX

View attachment 334547

Dead is
LADY GODIVA
Who could get naked & expose his pious, village affiliation on the thread once during the game to help the rest of the town
View attachment 334565

d4076e8e8404628312eb98cf87939ecf.jpg

Two people sat in a glen discussing their next move. "PROTEGO MAXIMA," spoke the smaller of the two, and a shield charm went up around her larger companion. He walked away through the mist with a blueish glow surrounding him. The smaller figure watched him leave, then swirled on the spot and disappeared with a *pop*.
~
Back in her office in the Ministry of Magic, Hermione sat down in the large leather chair with a sigh. Crookshanks jumped up on the desk, purring and pushing his orange face into her hand. She absent-mindedly stroked his long fur as she worried about the fate of her friends. She wasn't sure the shield charm would hold. Deep in thought, she was startled by a dreadful ripping noise coming from the portrait of the Prime Minister behind her desk. A large figure in a mask climbed through the portrait and knocked her wand to the side, stepping on it and snapping it in two. Hermione raised her hands over her head in an attempt to shield herself, but the blade sliced down with a swift and practiced hand. The attacker re-entered the portrait and disappeared without a word. Crookshanks gave a sad, disconcerted meow and laid down next to his mistress, licking her hand and face to try to revive her. Not even a rushed trip to St. Mungo's could save her now.

Dead is
HERMIONE GRANGER
Who could cast any canon spell of her choosing each night, excluding the unforgivable curses.

otter_patronus_by_tribalchick101_d6u9biy-pre.jpg
~
tudor-rose-1.jpg

In another age, another extraordinary woman studied the military maps in front of her. The campaigns in France had been extremely frustrating. Her advice repeatedly fell on deaf ears while those dolts in charge of her armies in the field continually squandered her soldiers and resources at every turn. It had been a gross miscalculation to continue funneling resources into Rouen. Even worse, she felt sure that the backlash for the failed assaults would come down on her head after this was all over -- though she had been a scapegoat before and knew she could eventually prevail in that fight, at least.
~
As she prepared for bed, there was a commotion in the hallway. Through the shouting, she was able to gather that two people had fought their way through the defenses, although one was gaining ground more quickly than the other. The first intruder forced the door open with astonishing brute strength. Despite her hard, battle worn mind, she was no match for a trained fighter. The sword flashed down and sliced her neck open, although the jewelry stopped it from a clean blow. A second later, he was gone.
~
The second intruder arrived a half a minute later. Through the haze of red and faint blue, she couldn't see his uncovered, lined face as he stared at her with a conflicted expression. He walked over and gently picked the Tudor rose brooch up off of the floor, twisting it slowly around in his fingers in a quiet, troubled manner.

Dead is
QUEEN ELIZABETH I
~
Texts from sources unverifiable...

[smudged in ink] curtains on the fiend
Though many foes are lurking [smudged again]
Do not rest now [water stained]
[unbelievably yellowed] we must turn the page

Here secrets are exchanged [handwriting uninterpretable]
Though only offered by [some sort of food stain]
[burned page] they must pay the price
The debt is paid [irredeemably dirtied]

[scratched out] none stay her hand
Behind the hangers [torn away]

~
DAY SEVEN

Congrats my players, curtains on the fiend
Though many foes are lurking still on stage
Do not rest now, we've only just convened
A chapter done and we must turn the page

Here secrets are exchanged for sweets in court
Palms up the children gobble every bite
These fine delights are of the Turkish sort
Though only offered by the witch in white

Her sweets grow sweeter, offered in the ice
None wonder how the Queen got them alone
Entranced are they when they must pay the price
The debt is paid, a smiling face of stone

The witch has sweets to spare, none stay her hand
Behind the hangers, more snow dots the land

~
Dead is
THE WHITE WITCH
Who could use her turkish delight item to bribe people into betraying their family, later silencing them by turning them to stone.

The turkish delight item has left the game
View attachment 334632

{write up in progress; may take a bit since I have some other things to take care of first}
View attachment 334646
Dead is
JAMES BOND
Who could shoot three times during the game, at any point in the cycle.
~
Dead is
EMMA WOODHOUSE
Who could try to match up two people each night in a permanent private conversation. Matches would fail if the social stations of both players did not align.

Sorry, there were too many characters so I had to delete the rosters. If that's hard to read, here's a better summary of the night kills:

N0 - No kills, excalibur and other items activated
N1 - SAR (lilibet) murdered in bed, TE (margaret thatcher) sword sliced in two
N2 - Night cancel, one person left behind
N3 - Bob (Queen victoria) dead from poisoning, shining metal object hurled towards tower (was this genny?? sounds like a wizard in robes??)
N4 - Night cancel, half left behind. DocE (princess di) dead in a limo in a tunnel, AM (James Herriot) beheaded.
N5 - Dubz (sherlock holmes) shoved off a building and died
N6 - Genny (hermione granger) sliced by a blade, Alley (Queen Elizabeth) sword sliced her open, second intruder came in and looked at alley's brooch.
N7 - No flair yet, Cray (james bond) and capri (emma woodhouse) dead.

Edit to tag @samac bc I told her I would
Edited to fix SAR's death from murdered in dead to murdered in bed lol.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
So to me, whoever has excalibur is likely a wolf at this point, since double kill nights ALWAYS had a sword/blade involved in at least one death. Aside from maybe N4 though AM's beheading still sounds like a sword was involved?

Also interesting that every double kill involves a royal, aside from maybe the cray/capri night (unless emma woodhouse is considered royalty?? I haven't seen bridgerton yet..)

Idk, I think it's either LIS/Msp as well, or barks at a long shot.

MsP's supposed supposedly quiet seering and seer picks are really bugging me. I would honestly rather start there than LIS on the off chance he may have an avoidance. But I'm not upset about LIS being yeeted either because the male royal thing is weird.

So I'm going to start with yeeting MsP while I keep reading.

yeet MsP

Members don't see this ad :)
Day Eight - Over the Cliffs of Dover - Vote Tally

Ms P (2) - LIS, cyndia
Cyndia (1) - ms P
LIS (4) - Dina, Barks, mayo, samac

@LetItSnow you are in the lead
7/7 players voting
Voting closes in 20 minutes

So to me, whoever has excalibur is likely a wolf at this point, since double kill nights ALWAYS had a sword/blade involved in at least one death. Aside from maybe N4 though AM's beheading still sounds like a sword was involved?

Also interesting that every double kill involves a royal, aside from maybe the cray/capri night (unless emma woodhouse is considered royalty?? I haven't seen bridgerton yet..)

I think I've figured out that there's multiple swords in this game, so I'm not sure if Excalibur is wolfy (especially because it seems to be just an item), but I don't think it's the only one in play

I think I've figured out that there's multiple swords in this game, so I'm not sure if Excalibur is wolfy (especially because it seems to be just an item), but I don't think it's the only one in play

Ah.. darn. Samac mentioned something about your thoughts on excalibur to me which is why I was worrying and went back and looked at all the night flairs, but if that's the case then there goes that theory. To be fair, there is a night with two sword sounding kills... but I wouldn't rule it out purely because it's an item. When I was rereading, Sunshine's writeup specified that a crumb of cheese item was what allowed her to seer, and the crumb of cheese item left the game with her death? Check the D4 writeup.

• Hmm
This is such a quiet close...

The problem is one of our contenders is silenced and the other said he wouldn't be on the rest of the day due to work

honestly I'm happy for a close with no waffles

curious that MsP left her vote on cyndia

I would have waffled my ass back to MsP if I would have known it was an option. Alas.... patients.

• Care
Me too. Cynd's role claim fits with the game.

And it's hard to imagine Dr. Who being a wolf, tough I'll admit I haven't seen many episodes.

There's definitely a wolf with a sword and idt Dr. Who would carry a sword

I'm voting her tomorrow if the game is still happening.

Okay but what are we going to do if LIS has some kind of royal death avoidance because he's a wolf royal?

We need to consider the 3 possibilities then. One where LIS just has an avoidance, one where LIS is a alpha wolf and there's another wolf, and one where LIS has an avoidance and MsP is a wolf.

I guess there's a vague possibility that MsP is a wolf and LIS is just a MALE village royal (which I highly doubt) but he won't be around after tonight if that's true considering the royal killer is not dead.

day 8.png

1618276053059.png

~
no one has died.png
~
players and locations.png
LONDON

YORKSHIRE & THE NORTH
*desolate*

OXFORD & CAMBRIDGE
*musty*
CORNWALL
PARTS UNKNOWN
*lonely*
AVALON
@Aprilthearab - Robin Hood, item thief​
@SARdoghandler - Lilibet
@TelemarketingEnigma - Margaret Thatcher, 2x executioner​
@vetmedhead - William Shakespeare, write up modifier​
@Viscernable - Sir Isaac Newton, physical action redirector​
@Zenge142 - Alan Turing, cryptanalyst​
@mkg323 - Jack the Ripper, ninja ladyseer wolf​
@BobLoblaw78 - Queen Victoria
@The_Breadmann - Winston Churchill, heavy vote​
@alissa14 - Anne Boleyn
@sunshinefl - Ebenezer Scrooge, rotating role seer + action seer + spirit-medium wolf​
@DocEspana - Princess Di, vulnerable royal​
@Animal Midwife - James Herriot, status effect healer​
@finnickthedog - Sheriff of Nottingham, stubborn jailer + item hoarder​
@WildZoo - Sherlock Holmes, tracker​
@Stagg737 - Lady Godiva, innocent child​
@genny - Hermione Granger, free choice JOAT​
@alleycat03 - Elizabeth I
@SportPonies - The White Witch, wolf bribery seer + silencer​
@Crayola227 - James Bond, 3x vigilante​
@capri1722 - Emma Woodhouse, conversation matchmaker​

IT IS NOW NIGHT EIGHT
7 PLAYERS REMAIN.
NIGHT CLOSES AT 9AM OR AS SOON AS ALL ACTIONS ARE IN

• Angry
Yeahhh that's my guess.

Well we'll see what happens overnight and that's going to decide my vote between them tomorrow.

I'm just hoping there are no more double kills

There's a chance that LIS is an alpha and MsP is the other wolf, but 6 wolves with an alpha and all the extra kills seems less likely than him being a male wolf royal who could kill female royals.

• Okay...
There were two kills last night so I'm worried that's probably going to happen again.. I feel like it's probably going to be yolo tomorrow.

Yeah one of those kills was not wolf linked, that's why I knew MsP didn't do it

Like I said Excalibur is an item, it doesn't have an affiliation associated with it. There's only the affiliation of the person who wields it

• Wow
@samac : Has a unique camo ability and is primarily a herbivore. What pings me as weird is that she kept asking for people's location to see if they belong where they are, but my results tell me she doesn't belong in London herself. The fact that she doesn't belong in in London is weird, but the fact that she's a herbivore has me reading her village. I think Lis might potentially be an alpha (this explains bread's role) which means there's one more wolf left. I'm thinking Cyndia

@samac : Has a unique camo ability and is primarily a herbivore. What pings me as weird is that she kept asking for people's location to see if they belong where they are, but my results tell me she doesn't belong in London herself. The fact that she doesn't belong in in London is weird, but the fact that she's a herbivore has me reading her village. I think Lis might potentially be an alpha (this explains bread's role) which means there's one more wolf left. I'm thinking Cyndia

It makes more sense that LIS is a royal because this game has been full of royals and we know they have avoidances. Why are we jumping to alpha wolf? Wasn't it LIS who coined the rule "if it doesn't die once kill it again"? Maybe we should follow that

Also she doesn't belong in London. She started somewhere else but was moved there after her PM win

We're doomed tomorrow btdubz

Why do you say that?

Samac doesn't belong in London. She moved there when she became PM.

I'm worred about an alpha as well. Other than you, I'm not sure who the packmate could be. I have good reasons to clear the rest.

Do you not believe Cynd's role claim about Dr. Who? If fits the in game events and Dr. Who seems village to me.