England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this unusual for village AM?
How often does AM just not hve reads vs just unwilling to share them?

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I WAS BROWSING THE FORUMS AND I KEPT COMING ACROSS EGG BASKETS AND BUNNYS...I SWEAR TO GOD I THOUGHT I WAS LOSING MY MARBLES!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m confused about what the question is? Or what you’re implying?

What contributions have felt more village? It’s seemed like it’s mostly been basic questions

Yeah no I’m still confused. I was asking TE about her theorizing and if that’s what she was trying to imply
I may have missed it. What's your read of Zenge now?

It was asking she thought people within classes knew each other like wolves know each other because otherwise how would there be trends within their play
Thinking on this, the other way you see a trend in play that can be sussed, one I mentioned is masons, the other is 3P.

So, it doesn't have to be a question of recognition of each other for "trends" in behavior to pop up and look sketchy.

Case in point, Bioshock, there were two neutral mason pairs, each pair didn't know the existence of the other.

So if those in a class have some agenda beyond wolf hunting that's shared, even if they don't know each other it could still bleed through.

She's dead now, but it's always gratifying to figure something out.

• Hmm
I don't feel great about him, but up through most of yesterday he either said a lot of nothing or defended shorty/engaged with DocE (which didn't feel very village). Late last night and today he seemed to shift to actually talking about other people.
Oooooh, and now she's dead.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
These "objectively bad approaches" have won games because it allows villagers to find each other faster and actually work together. I know you've got an ego the size of the empire state building but no, the way you play isn't the only way to win.
Thinking more, in Bioshock it would have been harder for us wolves if we hadn't known at every minute just how everyone felt about us and everyone else. Players like Chaos kept me living in fear. If people had been less up front about village reads (and some of the vets were less) I would have floundered more on figuring out what POE to push, and rather than following village's lead, I would have tried to turn some players on each other. A couple times I was going to, but then someone would come out and say "Oh but I trust so and so" and I knew it was a no-go. If some in the pack tended to be ones who are generally less sussed, plus some more luck/less RNG screw overs, we could have won based on that kind of thing I think.

Even AM thinks I was yeeted because my POE was out of step with village. I can't recall that specifically, but I do know that one of the hardest things to deal with as a wolf was not having spelled out who trusted who.

I think we could stand to play with our village reads a little closer to the vest, is all.

I think the pressure to give reads pressures people to talk about other people. THAT is great and should not change. The downside mentioned about premature reads is mitigated if people get better at forming reads, and stand their ground about anything less formed.

• Hmm
I feel like this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'm feeling wolfy vibes from Samac's tone thus far. That said, it's entirely based on pre-yesterday's poof (by me) and content over the past 3-4 hours or so.
Oh look, I agree, and you're dead. Wonder what that says about samac.

Who also tried to play off TME's death.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Not unpopular with me. I’d love some insight and fresh eyes looking Samac who I’ve had a difficult time reading. Especially since I don’t agree with her wolf read on AM, and I’m not sure how I feel about her wolf read of April.
This is interesting.

• Hmm
How often does AM just not hve reads vs just unwilling to share them?
I don't have that kind of data in my head lol but you can usually tell who she is suspicious of based on her interactions and votes. All I was saying is it is not unusual for her to be withholding at the same time that she's asking someone else for their reads. Often the person she's asking hasn't been interacting with others in a way where you can tell where their head is at.

But we all know how bad an idea it can be to trust my read of AM so :shrug: won't keep me from voicing it but y'all know you should temper your trust in it

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users

That keeps being said, but she didn't. The exact quote:
if she said something damming I’d look on thread, but when I was wolf we killed TE just to confuse everyone. Night 1.
That's not playing it off, that saying there are multiple possibilities for why TME might have died. Y'all keep remembering the second part and forgetting the first. I get it's sus because she's the one person we know of who PMd with TME, but if you're focusing on that I think you're missing the bigger picture of her play in this game and how dissimilar it is to anything she did in Goats.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
That keeps being said, but she didn't. The exact quote:

That's not playing it off, that saying there are multiply like rabbits possibilities for why TME might have died. Y'all keep remembering the second part and forgetting the first. I get it's sus because she's the one person we know of who PMd with TME, but if you're focusing on that I think you're missing the bigger picture of her play in this game and how dissimilar it is to anything she did in Goats.
I think the way she pushed the confusion theory looked to me like playing off the death.

• Hmm
pre.m.ed= chicks
me.dic.al stud.ents= eggs
resi.dents= bunnies
inte.rvie.ws- easter egg hunts
atte.nding- rabbits
applic.a.n.ts= peeps
appl.i.cat.ion= easter egg collection
M.C.A.T= flowers
Wai.t.list.=Purgatory
Using this info we can now solve "which came first, the chick or the egg?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Samac also had the fishiness with being their only PM before they died. And misstating but correcting herself that someone else was their PM.

Please verify as I was loaned a spreadsheet from sporty but foolishly did not use it. I unfortunately play a with a phone which does not mix well with spreadsheets

night 2.png

"We've got to do something, they can't go on like this," worried Ten. "They think they've got it all figured out, with their 'tasks,' but they'll kill themselves at this rate."
"That's what I've been telling you all along," said the Eighth's creation.
"Alright then, back to the future," decided Eleven.

They stepped into the slightly battered police box and powered up. Suddenly, though, sparks flew as a portion of the control panel went up in octarine flames. "Oh come on, don't do this to me now!" exclaimed Ten, mashing buttons in whichever order seemed most appropriate (although who could really say what the round things do). The blue column mostly stabilized after it flickered for a moment.

Into the future they went...but at least one person was left behind. Frightfully glitchy in a splinch, these contraptions.

Dead is
NO ONE...right?
~
The players nary paused giving their lines
With mix of blood and ink their play is writ
The blood, an ink more black than text, confines
Their bard, poor player off the stage, throat slit

Yet players on stage still know my work well
Among us some have my words whet their tongue
My works are vast and I have more to tell
About that fool whose sword into me swung

Here I shall share with you some gifted clues:
That knave, that fiend! is not well read as I
And surely does not mind their p's and q's
This cur is one you must identify

I share my warnings, proffer me your ear

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here
~
game event gold.png

Out of the South of France (and back in the 14th century) reports of a horrid pestilence began to trickle in.
Thank goodness for the English Channel, eh?

~
players and locations.png

ᛈᛚᚪᛁᛖᚱᛋ × ᛚᚩᚳᚪᛏᛡᚾᛋ​

LONDON
YORKSHIRE & THE NORTH

OXFORD & CAMBRIDGE

CORNWALL
PARTS UNKNOWN

AVALON
@Aprilthearab - Robin Hood, item thief​
@SARdoghandler - Lilibet
@TelemarketingEnigma - Margaret Thatcher, 2x executioner​
@vetmedhead - William Shakespeare, write up modifier​
@Viscernable - Sir Isaac Newton, physical action redirector​
IT IS NOW DAY THREE
VOTING WILL CLOSE AT 9PM EASTERN TOMORROW NIGHT.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Did anybody else get a night message that they moved time periods? Sounds like we had a game event and time travel in the tardis?

Reactions: 10 users
game event gold.png

Out of the South of France, reports of a horrid pestilence began to trickle in.
Thank goodness for the English Channel, eh?
Oh dear.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anybody else get a night message that they moved time periods? Sounds like we had a game event and time travel in the tardis?
Yeah that sounds like the message I got.

Reactions: 3 users
Day 3 - Who's Tardy TARDIS - Vote Tally

Dina (1) - Dubz
Bread (2) - mkg, AM
Sunshine (1) - DocE

4/23 players voting
Voting closes in the future

Last edited:

Dina (1) - Dubz
Bread (1) - AM
Sunshine (1) - DocE

3/23 players voting
Voting closes in the future
I put a contingency yeet in last night on bread

I put apparently bc Samac stated she believes MKG was a villager. So ppl protected MKG. So we were about to be wrong on 2 villagers.

Or MKG was a wolf and Samac was fooled or helping.

I actually believed MKG content was poor. Poor effort. But they did sound sincere on improving. But what’s a wolf to do?

Finn was next but his too little almost too late seemed very sad. But what’s a wolf to do?

I said from the first to beat the bushes for ppl not participating as wolf but was told that is not the way to go. My thought is if they aren’t helping as villager then it isn’t much of a loss anyway if they are misyeet’d. And it prompts the wolves not to lurk. And the talk more. And it is easier to get a read or for them to make a mistake. More interaction means more mistakes.

I’m fine with pressure votes. Ppl make mistakes under pressure. And wolves likely do too
I read this like a poem lol
I got moved too somehow? Doesn’t appear like anyone moved locations this time

Tbh I’m not sure I get this. What is your reasoning? I’ve been reading Dina as village this far
Had a feel yesterday so I'm pursuing it, at least until I have time to look over some things. What has you reading her village?

I have a hard time believing TE's NK was based on role revealing in PM, just because it's not something that I think wolves would find important to get rid of. She wasn't being heavily village read either. I also say this because we NK'd her N1 in ggoats and while it wasn't RNG we didn't really have a solid reason for it.

It's possible it wasn't a wolfy kill either considering how many deaths there were.

This is why NK analysis is difficult
@Crayola227 and whoever else was getting on samac's case for hand-waving the TME kill, why aren't you giving the same focus to dina for saying essentially the same thing?

Dina (1) - Dubz
Bread (2) - mkg, AM
Sunshine (1) - DocE
Cray (1) - samac

5/23 players voting
Voting closes in the fUTuRe

@Crayola227 and whoever else was getting on samac's case for hand-waving the TME kill, why aren't you giving the same focus to dina for saying essentially the same thing?
I’ll have to look at Dina again, but not only was samac hand waving it, but she was doing so after Doc E put out his theory to look at PM partners, and she was the only one.

I’ll have to look at Dina again, but not only was samac hand waving it, but she was doing so after Doc E put out his theory to look at PM partners, and she was the only one.
From my perspective of reading her village, that makes sense since as a villager she would know the PM partner theory was bunk. So I don't think it's a good idea to look at that in a vacuum.

Recognizing that I'm biased by my village read on her and the fact that I think the PM partner thing is a stretch anyway.